Woman accuses restaurant patrons of eating her "little girl"

OMG, so that’s where the Chicken Lady’s been:

6 Likes

Also, Cibo Matto says Know your Chicken:

6 Likes

Most of them would celebrate. Many of them wouldn’t eat it themselves, for various reasons; but almost all of them would be happy about anything that reduces the demand for actual animal suffering.

It’s kinda weird that everyone is so stuck on this psychopathic strawman idea of vegetarians/vegans. We’ve all been on the internet long enough to know that a handful of screaming wackjobs usually don’t actually speak for an entire group, however much they claim to.

4 Likes

Our six laying hens all have names, distinct personalities and voices, and a complex social hierarchy. Living with them is like being the token human character in “The Real Theropods of Cochise County.”

1 Like

That dish gets even better when you realize that “닭똥집” means “chicken shit-house”…

2 Likes

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is the first amendment. It says that there cannot be laws against speech. I don’t see anyone trying to make laws against her saying this, and I don’t see any cops trying to arrest her for said laws.

For one, sure there are no laws against her being able to do this; but she is on private property. If the owner or someone who has the authority from the owner asks her to leave, well then she’s trespassing and can get hauled off for that.

Secondarily, I’m calling you out on your attempts to squash criticism by using “first amendment rights” as a strawman. She is an asshole, doing nothing but harassing customers of a restaurant because they don’t fervently believe her same beliefs. Everyone here under your rationality of first amendment rights has every right to call her an asshole. Not because she’s exercising rights. Because she’s being an ideological asshole, bothering people who are just trying to get a nice meal.

Also, what good is this going to accomplish? All I can see is it’s going to make people distrust and dislike vegans more, making it harder for people to become vegans, and making people who would maybe start thinking about it think “oh, I’ve been accosted by vegans before, don’t like that” and not consider it.

Basically, she was an asshole to the patrons of the restaurant, an asshole to her cause, an asshole to everyone.

10 Likes

they will eat soy and gluten product abominations and offensive to all things natural that are more of a manufactured food then most regular people eat…ironically most these are meat style products, like cheese, nuggets, sausage, burgers, jerkey.

1 Like

not pointing any fingers to any specific group, but we’ve all been around long enough to know that not all groups have equal percentages of wackjobs, some groups have very high concentrations, bordering on all.

1 Like

many sausages are cased in intestines, once you think about it, really, it isn’t that hard to get over, especially once you realize that it actually tastes really good.

1 Like

You know, that’s a perfect description. And not just for this: a lot of activism seems to have devolved into that these days (well, at least judging by tumblr). And I say this as a dyed in the wool bleeding heart liberal.

It’s like, yes, you’ve had your cathartic moment of rage, careless of who got in your way, you’ve proven your ideological purity…but what does it matter? What’s the point? Is their a goal, or is it just about your ego?

2 Likes

funny that she chose to “protest” at a restaurant which gets its chicken from a farm that has high animal welfare standards

6 Likes

Thought.
We are what we eat.
Therefore pigs are potatoes.

1 Like

Delicious, delicious, chickie nobs.

Yup. But it’s OK to be hostile and prejudiced against people who do things differently, as long as they’re not one of the protected or soon-to-be protected classes.

3 Likes

She’s clearly mentally unstable, but somehow her posse comes off even worse because they have chosen her as their idea of a leader.

2 Likes

These kinds of people strike me as the result of natural selection being retarded to the point of collapse.

1 Like

I’m going to hazard a guess that Kelly does not have an actual, human little girl. As a matter of fact, I’d bet a nice steak dinner on it.

And if she does…little girl, I am so so sorry for you. Imagine being three years old and trying to figure out what Mom is talking about when she spends half the afternoon explaining to you about your “feather sister”.

Well. if she’d gone into the restaurant wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, then it would have been a meaningful act of activism. Failing to do so indicates she’s just a dilettante.

Can’t believe it took 80 comments to get around to this:

8 Likes

I am not a vegetarian of any stripe, but I cannot WAIT for the days of lab-grown steaks. Any steak you want, as long as we have a few cells to culture! I’ll have the mammoth, medium-rare, thanks.

4 Likes