Woman displeased with service at Subway

The thing that troubles me the most - which hasn’t been brought up yet is that this “mom of the year” is saying these words in front of three daughters. Two of them look pretty young. See the screenshot of the video. The littlest one is on the very end - barely tall enough to reach the counter.

Everyone seems to be more concerned with how bad Jimmy Johns is. But THIS is OK?

3 Likes

Well, that is her grand daughters.

And no one is saying it’s ok, but WTF are you doing to do about it?

Hopefully they have more positive roll models elsewhere, or at least take Elmo’s lessons to heart.

5 Likes

“This couldn’t be an urban legend because an associate told it to me, and why would they lie?”

Using one unverified anecdote to prove the plausibility of racist urban legends is not really helping anyone, nor is it doing the greater truth any favors.

2 Likes

What exactly are you saying here?

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say it’s not the snow that’s the problem. It’s the other drivers who don’t know how to handle snow.

4 Likes

Not saying i believe the anecdote, i was sharing here since the topic for it came up. Otherwise it’s a story i wouldn’t normally share

6 Likes

Civility is dead. Thanks Trump.

5 Likes

It was already in the ICU before he ever came along, unfortunately; but his actions have not helped a damn thing.

13 Likes

The longer I live, the deader it gets.

Maybe it’s my fault.

7 Likes

What do you believe it suggests or contributes to the original urban legend?

Anyone who is familiar with me should know by now how I feel about ‘fault’ and “blame” as useless constructs, but if we must blame someone then I blame society at large and those who’ve truly controlled it for the last century or so.

This is what happens when you build a society where material wealth matters above all else, and people only have as much value as however much they can be exploited.

This is what happens when you intentionally dumb down that society to make it easier to manipulate and control.

This is what happens when you denigrate and erode traits such as empathy, compassion and kindness, while promoting avarice and apathy.

“This is what happens, Larry.”

17 Likes

Right? The answer to what about the kids isn’t to teach them that the solution to verbal abuse is police brutality.

A stranger’s car gets smashed? o_O
JK, solid gif choice.

5 Likes

Grazie.

1 Like

You FIND a stranger in the ALPS.
You FEED a SOLDIER SCRAMBLED EGGS.

8 Likes

Well, yes and no. You see, the car gets smashed because that’s what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps.

5 Likes

Yippei-ki-yay, Mister Falcon!

3 Likes

That would be funnier if the car was not a metaphor for the US.

5 Likes

I’m sick and tired of these MONKEY FIGHTING snakes on this MONDAY TO FRIDAY plane!

6 Likes

America: making satire unfunny by reason of obsolesce since 1776.

9 Likes