Woman kicked of American Airlines flight is outraged, says she is "Instagram famous" (video)

Originally published at: Woman kicked of American Airlines flight is outraged, says she is "Instagram famous" (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Blinking The Office GIF

23 Likes

Don’t you know who I am?! I’m CCTV Famous!

24 Likes

The Instagram Famous should only travel on Space Ark B.

22 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

alan rickman GIF

17 Likes

Nastassja Kinski Not Today GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

16 Likes

I saw this pop up in the news earlier today and my first thought is that this lady might’ve gotten kicked off the plane on purpose. Claiming to be instagram famous seem like the kind of thing you’d say to make people curious enough to look you up in the first place, as you mentioned she does curiously seem to be short of 1M followers. I dunno, maybe i’m being too cynical but often times the simplest explanation is the truest one

16 Likes

“Celebrity” :rofl:

She’s Instagram-famous, but she still sits in coach so Carla’s use of air quotes seems very appropriate.

12 Likes

Demonic-possession on public flights, just like that godman grifter said!

4 Likes

Star Trek Lol GIF

14 Likes

I was thinking ring doorbell camera famous…

11 Likes

“I’m no-fly list famous!”

19 Likes

Now she’s a bus influencer.

20 Likes

Oh look, it’s that woman on the lobbycam!

7 Likes

That does count as being moderately instagram famous. The point is more that instagram fame is worthless.

13 Likes

You may be Instagram famous, but I’m Monopoly money rich!

11 Likes
15 Likes

Obligs:

I won’t be googling her.

12 Likes

Insta famous?

So, like imaginary famous.

5 Likes

I have 56 followers on Instagram, and I’ve made exactly 1 post ever. I don’t think 1 million is even moderately famous. Ronaldo has the most followers, not counting the Instagram account itself, at over 600 million followers. And Instagram fame is not worthless. It can absolutely be converted into cold hard cash through sponsorships and ads. I kinda wish it were worthless. It doesn’t seem like it’s been a positive thing for society for people to be making money this way, but that’s just my opinion.

12 Likes