Woman loses argument and her car at Chick-fil-A drive-thru

I don’t blame that car one bit.

I was expecting to see the car continue across the road in a desperate bid to escape.
Poor car.

6 Likes

It’s not, really. If you soak a lightly breaded chicken cutlet in pickle brine before cooking. Now you avoid giving bigots money for a mediocre chicken sandwich.

7 Likes

Not interested in anything that even hints at making homophobic fried chicken a protagonist.

As late as 2019 the corporation was still giving money directly to hate groups (as classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center).

Now it’s only indirectly.

I wish nothing good upon the organization or any who support them.

6 Likes

So true. You have to be running much faster than you think, and start the maneuver much further forward than you think. It’s one of those tasks for which primate brains are wired completely incorrectly.

Also do not ask me how I know this.

9 Likes

I was waiting for the screech and crunch. It really looked like it was going to roll into that busy street.

3 Likes

The most amazing thing about that video is at the very end when the employees are running to help that stupid woman, you hear a voice, possibly the person, making the video, and is waiting online to be served, saying, “Hey, y’all come back”. Apparently, it’s of higher interest to get about 500 calories of grease and carbs to shove into your maw than the possibility of helping someone in mortal danger…We’re exceptional, all right.

Apparently she was charged with a DWI.

7 Likes

I’m more optimistic than you are. I think the vast majority of people are good-hearted - it’s just that all the bad apples make for more interesting news.

2 Likes

You’re correct. Chick-fil-a corporate may be awful, but the teenagers who work the drive-thru lines—outside, among the cars; one of them could have been in the path of this idiot’s runaway—are unfailingly nice kids just trying to make a buck.

1 Like

They engaged the cloaking device.

4 Likes

Chick-fil-A requires over-politeness from their employees. Smile at all times, even on the phone.

If Chick-fil-A requires 2nd Mile Service, as they call it, they probably expected the employee to chase down the car for at least 2 miles with a grin pasted on their face before relenting. I hope they still have a job.

3 Likes

It has nothing to do with the employees, who I’m sure many are good-hearted. Chick-fil-A, however “Christian” it presents itself, is still a corporation who will exploit and abuse their employees when they can get away with it. Let’s not forget the recent news that they wanted to get kids to work for literally food.

And of course they’ve been accused of various forms of discrimination,… If I’m being “cynical” for pointing that out, then okay… Doesn’t make it any less true. This is not about people, but about systems and corporations exploiting people for financial gain. That’s something that is actually happening and should be addressed and not just assumed to be unimportant.

CFA has a “image” that they wish to uphold (that they are “good Christians”) and so they enforce that policy of “the customer is always right” BS very rigorously.

Oh, and CFA has a long history of supporting right wing, Christian organizations.

Exploited, too. But hey… that’s just my performative cynicism, right? :roll_eyes:

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that make the breading too soggy? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m simplifying the recreation recipes I’ve seen, as they vary a bit from one to the other. I think most of them actually have you soak the cutlet before breading or include the brine as part of the liquid component you dip in before applying the breading. Either way, the secret ingredient is pickle brine!

5 Likes

And @milliefink - I’ve made the imitation CFA sandwich a couple of times, and that’s what I did - soak before the breading…

3 Likes

Nobody said they weren’t decent human beings, they just said that people in service positions aren’t in a position to be anything but nice usually. Which is true of such jobs.

6 Likes

Doubly so for CFA employees…

4 Likes

I’m glad you guys have never experienced surly or apathetic customer service. Truly. To be so blessed✌🏻

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

8 Likes

I wasn’t defending Chick-fil-A. Still, I find it hard to believe that people’s mental calculus is “I don’t care about that woman and her car, but I want to keep my job, so I guess I’ll pretend that I’m a good person and go see if she needs help.”

1 Like