Woman loses argument and her car at Chick-fil-A drive-thru

What an utterly bizarre thing to assume based on any of the statements made. But if this is the kind of assumptions you make of people I dunno maybe you do run into a lot of frustrated surly people after a while. Best of luck with that too.

8 Likes

The ends justify the “cashiers can be means.”
Yay, worker exploitation!

3 Likes

Again, wasn’t my point, however people here wish to keep twisting what I said. My point was that treating her politely was part of CFA’s demands for their employees, which does play a role in their actions here. I have no doubt that they acted out of genuine concern when things went so sideways, but that was also in the back of their mind, too, no doubt. People don’t live in context-free worlds where they are acting purely out of their own morality, Our actions are also shaped by our situations. To pretend otherwise is to ignore context.

Of course we have. But why do we, as a society, always expect working class people, being paid substandard wages, to treat people being utter assholes to them to like the fucking landed gentry whose asses must always be kissed…

But please, keep putting words in people’s mouths. So very helpful for moving a conversation forward… /s

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I didn’t put any words in your mouth. Can you clarify?

1 Like

Well, for one, I did not assume you were defending CFA and didn’t say that. Nor did I say that most people weren’t “good hearted,” You might not have intended that, but it was putting words in my mouth and making assumptions about what I said, rather than asking me for clarification. :woman_shrugging:

Even good hearted people can get angry and frustrated by people attacking them, as it’s a normal human reaction to aggression aimed at us. The larger context CFAs policies on employee context matters in this case, because of that.

3 Likes

I’m saying you misinterpreted what I meant, extrapolated from that, instead of asking me to clarify…

Were you? Because you completely missed my point that does not contradict the workers themselves being good people. Context always matters.

You Dont Know Me Jason Sudeikis GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

“the restaurant chain’s Monkey Junction location on College Road.” North Carolina…

the view of the chick-fil-a from the air.

and of the ditch from google street view:

the ditch is surprisingly deep, guess that’s why her car fully disappears into it.

1 Like

I wonder how her insurance company will handle the damage, give how it’s her own damn fault, seeing as she felt the need to get out of her car to yell at a bunch of fast food workers?

2 Likes

she was charged with DWI: Woman exits vehicle in drive thru, car crashes over Chick-fil-A retaining wall

insurance has lots of options, including but not limited to just canceling her coverage

3 Likes

Ah!

sad oh no GIF by CBC

3 Likes

Are handbrakes optional accessories on cars sold in the United States? I mean, that’s the first thing I do when I park the car.

2 Likes

We have parking brakes… but since she got a DWI, I’m guessing she was impaired enough that she forgot to put it on…

2 Likes

Almost a moat.

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

3 Likes

Oh, It was a silly joke that I always repeat. I always say that a lot of people think turn signs are fancy optional accessories. It seems these people don’t know they should use them to signal to other drivers and pedestrians that they are about to change lanes or turn a corner.

A lot of people think safety itens are just for wimpy drivers.

Never have a gin tonic and drive for a snack.

5 Likes

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

truth preach GIF

4 Likes

Using a handbrake is un-American unless you are using it to drift around a turn. /s

3 Likes

American Flag GIF

4 Likes

Sometimes I wish I could America that hard.

6 Likes

Yell American GIF by Corporate Bro

3 Likes