Woman not amused by office pranks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/08/woman-not-amused-by-office-pra.html

4 Likes

While I would find those amusing, don’t pull pranks on people who don’t like being pranked, otherwise you’re just being an asshole.

35 Likes

It was okay. I give it an A for follow through and B for effort.

I was involved with plenty of stupid pranks back in the day… to point of being expelled for an exploding food incident (long story). I think one of my favorites was this one I pulled on the meanest teacher in elementary school. I put scotch tape with the sticky part up on her chair. The class was laughing behind her back when the light hit the smiley face made with the tape.

I was a pretty rotten kid.

12 Likes

I get the feeling from her response that this isn’t the first time her coworkers pulled something like that.

16 Likes

I think the entire video is a prank.

BTW: I hate pranks, especially ones in the workplace.

18 Likes

When she picked up that plastic ruler at the end I saw the same expression on her face that I saw on every nun I ever had in Catholic school. Pray for her coworkers.

6 Likes

“Run! She’s got the ruler!”

11 Likes

back in my housekeeping days, shortly after i started working at the ranch/resort i found out that the head of housekeeping who left shortly before i came to work there had been a prankster with something of a mean streak. the more stories they told me about her the happier i was i had never encountered her.

fake dogshit hidden in the middle of a stack of towels on your cart was the least of it.

6 Likes

Counterpoint: Assholes can’t laugh at themselves.

6 Likes

Often true, yet not ostensibly relevant to my point or this video, so not sure how it’s a counterpoint to either.

4 Likes

When I was in college, the Student Union would cash checks for 10¢.
So if Mom sent you a check for $100, they would ask if you had a dime and if you did, you got full value of the check. If you were really broke they took the 10¢ out of the check total.

I once went up to the counter with a check made out to CASH.
The check was in the amount of 10¢.

The cashier looked at the check, looked at me, looked at the check, then looked at me again.
“Do you have a dime?” she asked.
“No” I replied. Then I walked away.

From that time on, whenever I would go to the Check Cashing window, I always heard someone say “there’s that guy!”

21 Likes

They should have pranked the ruler.

5 Likes

Sit down and shut up!

1 Like

I see a smile starting, which makes me think the whole thing is faked (but still amusing). She picked up the fake objects in order too conveniently

What was the 2nd fake object? (after computer screen, before door handle) ?

2 Likes

The monitor screen, maybe. But when she couldn’t see the cell phone or door handle in 3 dimensions, I knew she was in on it.
An art school video about an art school prank, in which the video itself is a meta-prank.

6 Likes

At least the phone wasn’t made out of cake

3 Likes

Rotten kid?

I was a rotten adult. 2 jobs ago, there was a halloween social where they thought it’d be cute to have stuff like bowls of spaghetti labeled “Worms!”, olives labeled “Eyeballs!”, etc.

There was a lot of korean restaurants nearby, so I bought some Beongedi and snuck them into the cafe, labeled, “Real Bugs!”.

The office manager was NOT amused.

10 Likes

This is an ad for the printer, right?

6 Likes

When iPads first appeared on the horizon an achingly on-trend CD announced to the studio that he had ordered one of the first in the country.

Next day the entire studio had iPads on their desks – he was so upset he stormed out.

We had made them from screenshots and foamboard.

If we had all worn polo necks his head might have exploded.

15 Likes

My favourite prank video:

The pranked guy’s good natured reaction makes it that much funnier.

6 Likes