Woman reports a black man to the cops because his dog humped her dog at the park

Yea, I didn’t bring the full weight of my forensic powers to bear on the problem at hand, except to note that “where” is not “when.” I assume the video is recent? I guess?

3 Likes

i like the part where she claims she’s being “verbally assaulted”

(AKA “the scary black man was loud and I want to speak to a manager right now”)

8 Likes

Meanwhile, the dogs appear to be having a fun time.

4 Likes

Doghumpin Debbie

2 Likes

(I’m not faulting you, but being from nearby I picked it up immediately.)

1 Like

It’s not great to let that keep going but dogs definitely will initiate humping without warning.

Usually just pulling them apart is effective.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t take a dog’s owner’s caution with their dog too personally. As a dog owner myself, I respect that a dog wants interaction with people and other animals… but at the same time, I was always very cautious about it, because as a hairy dogmother I knew I was ultimately responsible for their behavior, and part of my role was protecting my dog from others, and others from my dog. And no matter how well-trained they are, they are dogs, and their mood can shift in a heartbeat.

I used to walk my Danny, an elderly shi tzu, around my block and a couple blocks nearby. I knew he had occasional aggression issues with men (the rescue thought he might have been abused) and I always warned off guys that wanted to pet him. He tended to be better with women and children, though again, I was wary and cautious… but overall, he was a sweet and friendly dog, so things went well. I did train him to step to the side of the sidewalk and “look nice” when others walked by, to be polite and minimize any possibility of harm.

He usually didn’t mind other dogs, but again, he was small and elderly, so I kept a careful eye on any interactions. It was funny when a particular neighbor dog (who had a habit of walking through the gaps in the home’s wrought iron fence) would come over and sniff, and wag, and play-chase with Danny (always being careful not to come too close to me, that strange weird human he wasn’t sure of.) After a while, Danny would get tired and give a warning growl, and that was my cue to pick my boy up and walk away.

If a mail carrier went by, I made Danny sit and put my fingers through his collar until they passed. I wasn’t afraid Danny would charge-- he was old and not that impulsive-- but I knew it would make the postal carrier feel more secure, so it was worth it.

(I miss my walks with Danny… but he’s gone to that dog park in the sky now. But he was truly a Good Boy, 200/10.)

This gentle-lady though… Yes, ideally a dog’s human has their pupper under control, but dogs play with each other, and hump. As long as the dog isn’t aggressive or attacking, once the two are separated, no harm’s done. She way overreacted. Christ, what an asshole.

10 Likes

It’s just a matter of your dog not being threatening to others. If it’s being a little nippy that’s fine but heaving growling and attacking you should remove your pet.

2 Likes

People who didn’t grow up with dogs should be able to download dog knowledge directly to their brain. Humping isn’t always (or even mostly) sexual. It can be play, dominance workout, and just plain excitement.

4 Likes

I dislike the ambiguity around the term “humping”. I’m assuming we mean, like, non-penetrative grinding? In which case, yeah, it happens, and you don’t let it go on forever.

'cause there has been an incident at our local dog park, two or three weeks ago, that might also be described as “humping” if someone felt too prudish to say fucking. and the girl dog was not into it, it wasn’t even possible to separate them because apparently dogs get stuck together, and it did seem like kind of a big deal

1 Like

Escalating things to the point of calling the cops is the weird thing for me.

Nobody wants their dog to be dominated at the dog park. That’s not just how dogs are. That’s how poorly trained/controlled dogs are. That’s like watching your kids run around a restaurant like lunatics, shrugging and saying, “That’s how kids are. What can you do?”

If you are the person who’s dog is acting aggressively, you separate them. If your dog can’t behave, you both leave.

But calling the cops? That’s just ridiculous. I feel like a person who would do that probably has them on speed dial.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s time to drag this one out again. For those who don’t see what the issue is…the key words are unconscious bias.

13 Likes

Exactly. This is an example of either:
A. conscious, willful racism, or
B. unconscous, systemic racism.

Because even if you call the police every time another dog interacts with your dog, you’d have to be living under a constant media blackout to not know that calling them on an African American man leads to a non-zero chance of fatal results for him.

20 Likes

15 Likes

Taking a female dog in heat to a dog park is a recipe for some dogging.

4 Likes

On a side note…I’m not even a dog person, and I can see that’s one sad-looking dog park.

5 Likes

???

Are you saying this is a hoax?

3 Likes

You mean the review posted after the video was posted?

5 Likes

that’s a weird interpretation of “real life moment”… and they did write a paper (accepted, published and heavily praised) about a dog-on-dog sexual assault in dog parks.

Fuck’s sake, lady. Is his dog humping your dog really enough reason to call the cops and potentially get the man (who happens to be African-American) shot and/or killed?

8 Likes