Woman threatens to sue her neighbor for having a Biden sign on lawn

My HOA is great. I pay $100 a year and they mow the medians. Other HOASs in the area though? 10k+ for hyper-invasive people who annually change the colors which you are allowed to paint the exterior of your home.

4 Likes

:+1: Good fences make good neighbours it easier to keep arseholes off your lawn.

5 Likes

I’m looking here at Neighborhood Association Bylaws Section Four Point Twenty and it clearly states that this thing that uh you are um–was that the ice cream truck?

3 Likes

OK, boomer.

Any lawyer who took up the old nut’s case would risk censure from the bar if they were foolish enough to get involved with her.

3 Likes

Not only is she in direct violation of FIVE POINT TWENTY, but she plagiarized part of the Ferris Bueller’s Day Off script!

4 Likes

Aren’t most HOAs fairly strict? That is, she will most likely get fined once the HOA is involved.

1 Like

She didn’t even bring over some peach cobbler for the neighbors?

What ever happened to Southern Hospitality?

12 Likes

She must not be Lutheran :wink:

9 Likes

Well bless her heart.

17 Likes

You can enjoy that in a Southern hospital. If you’re insured.

Meanwhile, ain’t no stinking HOAs in my rural vicinity. Offending signs may just be set on fire. Offending neighbors can be left out for the bears and pumas to deal with. No problem.

1 Like

Well - okay. So long as you respect free speech rights and privacy property rights.

8 Likes
3 Likes

We have similar things here in Brazil.

Some neighborhoods are built to be fenced/segregated and the company who builds them hand the administration/security to another company to manage everything.
I heard that some have the same bullshit rules as HOAs, like which color you can paint your walls and how much space you have to leave for the front lawn, and so on, but i’m not sure how prevalent it is.

But, there are also some other association that are more bottom-up, where the residents join up and decide to close their neighborhood.
It is mostly based on security, but if i’m not mistaken, the gates are just for show, they cannot bar anyone from entering and at most they can only register who is entering.
This might vary from city to city.

3 Likes

To her credit at least there was no rage screaming or violence and I counted only the one soft cuss word!

Also…
the negotiations were short

3 Likes

No. Most are pretty lenient, because the last thing most people want is to be well and truly hated by their neighbors.

6 Likes

Is it just me, or does she come across as a little too much day-drinky?

She needs to lay off the 5.20 and go find some 420.

7 Likes

I would disagree that HOAs are involuntary. Many neighborhoods do not have them. One is free to live in a non-HOA neighborhood if the idea so offends them. My last two HOAs have been pretty decent but I do understand that an over-zealous board can influence that.

1 Like

Seconded! We named our daughter Karen in 2010 before the internet took it on. She’s 10 now and a year shy from middle school. I sat her down one day to explain her name had become a “thing” since she was born, even if she hasn’t come across that thing yet. Once we explained it to her she was tickled about the idea and especially the cliched hairstyle but I just know after that first week of 6th grade, her laughter will fade. My poor sweet Karen. Damn you internet.

6 Likes

They are compulsory if one wants to live in that neighborhood or buy a particular house. In that context they are involuntary as you have no option to refuse participation.

I’ve been fortunate that most of the houses I’ve bought weren’t not in covenant communities but I recently moved to a condo where the HOA dictates a lot of rules - like no pets, for example. Yes, I can choose not to live there but as long as my activities do not impact my neighbors I don’t think it’s right that others can dictate what I do in my home

4 Likes