This is gonna spread…

7 Likes
5 Likes

Yikes.

9 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Mr. Bolsonaro made a deal with Russia and expects to get Diesel within 60 days. “It is agreed that in 60 days [Russian diesel] can start arriving here. That possibility already exists. Russia continues to do business with the whole world,” he said.

This was a measure taken by the Brazilian government to try to stop the growing price spiral and a possible lack of fuel in the country. He must kept in mind that ne presidential election is schedellued to nest october and that inflation, especially the rise in fuel prices, has sparked protests in countries like Sri Lanka, Ecuador, Italy and Albania.

8 Likes

From a geo-political view… I’m interested in how they plan on shipping it and if there’ll be a blockade from Europe and the US? That could really push things to the brink… I suspect both Putin and Bolsanaro understand that.

7 Likes

Maybe a third part could send it. But I think the logistics will be tricky. Who would pay for the ships´insurance? Who would import it, risking to be in the Uncle Sam´s Black List? This diesel probably won´t change the prices spike, but they probably don´t mind. This factoid is very important for Mr. Bolsonaro public image.

5 Likes

Keep posting updates as this story unfolds. It seems like it could be important with regards to this war possibly widening.

5 Likes

I may be missing something, but what would keep them from shipping it as they normally would? they are sanctioned but there is no general blockade and much of the non-European, non-Nato world doesn’t have a dog in that fight.

Or do you think a full sea blockade with Nato intercepting Russian merchant ships is likely?

2 Likes

China and India are buying cheap oil from, Russia.

I think only Russia is blockading ships these days…

2 Likes

It absolutely could be, or it could be what putin and Bolsanaro are banking on? I could be wrong, though.

5 Likes

I think the main problem is being sanctioned. Companies doing business with Russians could be risking losing future business with US companies or having their money held in US banks.

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
11 Likes