Xitter XEO exposes vast conspiracy of legal behavior

Though rare, it can also go the other direction. Yes, most ethical companies with a priority on long-term sustainability won’t acquire ones with a shitty culture, it does happen now and then.

5 Likes

What do they honestly expect from advertisers? My thoughts on this matter are:

1. Pulling from the old Mr. Show with Bob and David sketch, “Coupon: The Movie,” there is no guarantee that an audience exists for what you are selling and even if there is an audience there is no guarantee that advertisers want to sell to them. Could CBS have sued Budweiser for not buying ad space during Muppet Babies and Dungeons and Dragons or would CBS acknowledge that children were not the ideal audience for a beer commercial.

2. Why would anyone want to give Elon Musk money? He’s at best reading a jerk.

3. Why would an advertiser want to interrupt the Chitan ad-explosion on Xitter? I could have 15 Chitan ads a day where he falls on metal canisters or is struck with an exploding baseball badly or some stupid Unilever advert for razors or toilet paper that has neither Chitan, people falling on metal canisters, nor exploding baseball bats. Hard pass. Chitan is love!

2 Likes

Sadly that’s easy. “He makes shitloads of money, so i expect he’ll turn my money into more money.” Such people don’t ask questions, and they don’t care if he makes money serving drinks at a Nazi bar, giving children shovels and sending them into an emerald mine, or selling guns and tactical boner pills to Christian Nationalists. They just want more money.

7 Likes

wow, she really seems to need this job, doesnt she?

the fuck is she talking about?!?

e/ ah, I see;

A week later, Rep. Jim Jordan (as he is known to do) released a very stupid, misleading report, claiming that GARM was an antitrust violation and that it was pressuring advertisers not to advertise on conservative media

jim fucking jordan and “evidence”? jah, right.

thats funny, linda;

Membership of the initiative is voluntary, as is adherence to the established guidelines. GARM does not make any decisions on advertising bookings, does not make any recommendations on specific bookings and expressly does not sanction violations of the guidelines.

and stupid as fuck on top, linda;

However, the lawsuit shoots itself in the foot in the very next paragraph: the alleged advertising boycott is “against the economic interests of the boycotting advertisers”, it says, because advertising is cheaper on X than on other social networks. According to established US case law, collectively organized boycotts can certainly violate the Sherman Act – but only if they are to the economic advantage of the boycotters. If the motives behind the boycott are other than economic advantage, community boycotts are permissible

aaaand as advertising is cheaper on shitter like you say and would clearly be an economic advantage, well…or are you saying seriously the economic advantage comes because they do not advertise on shitter? Id love to see them trying this bs in court.

e/ awww, fuck!;

Elon sued in Texas. And not just any Texas court, but the Northern District of Texas, Wichita Falls Division, where they were guaranteed to get judge Reed O’Connor, who is already hearing Elon’s SLAPP suit against Media Matters (and has already been siding with Elon despite the ridiculousness of the case).

14 Likes

Just gotta visualize that log^2 chart of how much Liability she’s pulling off X onto herself over time, trying to get it to tick up for a raise.

5 Likes

Free market and 1st amendment are great, but only when are useful for me.

8 Likes

Oh, yes. The Texas Federal Court(s). The very same that the ultra-conservative, we’re-not-even-trying-to-pretend-to-care-about-the-constitution-anymore members of the USSC are sick of for the mind-numbingly stupid “decisions” they are flinging from their bungholes.

This will be…interesting. (And not in a good way, but the nail-biting way)

10 Likes

Well, hang on, it’s Thur. AM (here) & the week hasn’t finished, yet.

1 Like

Heaven’s Gate Initiation video? What the hell’s that? Pffft. Can’t be much, but I’ll give it a try. I’m a big boy. So, what… do… we… have… he… FUCKING DOH!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.