Yellowstone tourists put bison calf in car because they thought it was cold

So 'tis. Thanks. Update; wherever they hail from, they’re now bison-killers.

So… its been a bad week for Yellowstone…? (I’m sorry for my idiot countrymen…)

5 Likes

Canadians, eh?

4 Likes

Wow. First the calf and now this. They also shared their rule-breaking with other National Parks.

Don’t feel too bad; I read your link and apparently the NPS has had a lot of problems with tourists (and their drones) from other countries, too, to go along with our own people and our neighbors to the north.

(I’m really hating my predictive text right niwnow.)

2 Likes

Actually… after snooping it seems that they may be Kiwis? At least there is a “Hamish McNab Campbell Cross” on FB, with pictures you would expect and a tell tale blue bus… but he’s from New Zealand. So maybe not Canucks?

3 Likes

The group are elsewhere described as “Canada-based”, but the Cross numptie at least is New Zealand’s contribution to world stupidity. Perhaps we deported him.

This is particularly funny:

A man identified on his Facebook page as Alexey Lyakh shoots video of a sign depicting the dangers of leaving boardwalks in thermal areas at the Midway Geyser Basin in Yellowstone in this screen grab from a YouTube video posted on a channel called High on Life SundayFundayz. The video, since removed, then showed Lyakh leaving the boardwalk and walking to the edge of the Grand Prismatic Spring, and also shooting a sweeping “selfie” video of himself standing at the rim of the Excelsior Geyser crater.

The barmpots are now putting out statements pleading ignorance about the dangers and prohibitions, having included footage of the signage within their self-promotional film to show what macho rebellious tosser-bros they are.

2 Likes

Us commonwealth countries have our fair share of numbnuts… tis true.

Yeah, they’re doing “Jackass” shit for clicks, they’re on a sponsored road trip for petes sake, of course they are!

3 Likes

Oh for pete’s sake…

As a Canuck I say a year long banning of Canadians from Yellowstone is the only short-term answers.

5 Likes

As another Canuck, I second this.

4 Likes

Maybe just put GPS ankle monitors on visiting Canucks that alert authorities when they’re entering non-public areas or approaching any wildlife closer than 15 meters, and then inject them with agony-serum?

4 Likes

American beer?

5 Likes

I thought cruel and unusual punishment is illegal?

6 Likes

I for one welcome the impending Yellowstone eruption. (Many people forget Yellowstone is an incredibly dangerous supervolcano and it will be catastrophic to much of the US and Canada when it blows.) Now if only it could wash away all the stupid people and keep the cute animals safe.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.