"You shouldn’t be doing that" mansplainer lectures PGA pro Georgia Ball on her golf swing (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/23/you-shouldnt-be-doing-that-mansplainer-lectures-pga-pro-georgia-ball-on-her-golf-swing-video.html

17 Likes

This shit is fucking endless… God damn it.

Angry Cartoon Network GIF

48 Likes

So when you flip tables, try to follow through completely, so that your arms are straight overhead and your thumbs point backwards. That will add a lot more rotation to your rage throws.

73 Likes

Pedro Pascal Laugh GIF by Golden Globes

41 Likes

I like to consider myself the Beyoncé of male mediocrity.

13 Likes

Okay… :thinking:

10 Likes

Ha, mansplaining in a mansplaining thread, fucking meta.

It could be funny.
But we hear that shit constantly.

25 Likes

The words, “Shut the fuck up!” need to be used a lot more often.

12 Likes

You see, there’s an art to male mediocrity. At least, that what we mediocre males need to believe, so we don’t stare into the abyss of our own mediocrity too deeply. It’s mediocrity all the way down.

9 Likes

It’s not all that deep.

32 Likes

Golf courses and gyms are hot spots for unsolicited advice, often from people who have no right to be giving advice. Makes me crazy. Additionally, the “I’ve been golfing for twenty years” line means nothing in terms of skill.

15 Likes

Strictly speaking, golfing once every decade for 20 years would count. That’s enough to offer advice, right?

I’ve been hang-gliding for 20 years…since I tried it once 20 years ago. I’ll get around to going again, really, I swear.

12 Likes

Unsurprised. Golf is the province of the mediocre man, and the talented are cursed to walk among them.

2 Likes

This happens everywhere.

15 Likes

Everything is the province of mediocre men.

Gloria Swanson Sigh GIF

20 Likes

He actually thinks he’s flirting. It’s probably worked before for him.

5 Likes

Because that shit can go sideways really fucking fast is why. They’re on a golf course, and dude has a blunt object that could kill her. Is her life worth it to “pwn” this guy for being an obtuse, mansplaining dick? Really?

20 Likes

17 Likes

My dad is 84 years old. He’s been playing golf for probably about 60 years. About a month ago, he got his third ever hole in one. My dad is not perfect. Far from it. But he would never, and I mean never, do what this guy did. If someone asked him for advice, he would give it. But he would never give advice unsolicited. Hell, he never gave me unsolicited advice (as an adult), and I’m his child.

23 Likes

This. I won’t link it, but “woman assaulted on golf course” is a fucking depressing google search.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

19 Likes