20 or more shooting victims reported in San Bernardino, CA. Police seeking active shooter

Must be a day ending in ‘y’…

4 Likes

From the article:

During a news conference last week, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu described the shooting as “akin to domestic terrorism.”

You see? People can call it terrorism if they want to.

8 Likes

They don’t like Mondays.

3 Likes

Or you could ask the same thing about the Doctor (the quote is from Torchwood: children of earth arc):

13 Likes

This year, the Washington Post has been updating Wonkblog regularly with the numbers on mass shootings, as compiled by a Reddit community that counts a mass shooting as “any
event in which four or more people, including the gunman, are killed or
injured by gunfire.” This year, there have been more shootings than
days. Today, December 2, is the 336th day of the year; with this
shooting, we are (at least) at 352 shootings.

2 Likes

That was sarcasm right?

Beautiful perspective. Thanks for brining it in.

Phrasing it as “akin” is a dead giveaway!

Jeez. I’m not defending any crazed shooters, I’m not a member of the NRA, and I’m not “pretending it was a robbery”, I’m not pretending it’s anything except a news report that tomorrow will have more details. (To be clear, when I first commented there were even fewer details than there are now, with hindsight we can all safely assume it’s not a robbery.)

We are all just reading stuff online. I’m wary of believing media reports that can be updated later.

BTW-- did they ever save that poor “balloon boy”?

1 Like

It’s about a mile away, according to google…

There is one a mile and a half away, just a little off the same street. It’s not totally implausible.

Yes, and he’s playing in a rock & roll band.

I know it’s a longshot but I’m betting it’s a gang of gay black Muslim trans women.

#TedCruz2016!

/not

11 Likes

I was only half joking. People can be pretty stupid about things like that:

Self-styled vigilantes attacked the home of a hospital paediatrician after apparently confusing her professional title with the word “paedophile”, it emerged yesterday.

9 Likes

And of course this one: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/31/blogger-fired-homophones_n_5637873.html

5 Likes

What. The. Hell.

Did those morons think that paedophiles actually put that on their business cards??

4 Likes

See that’s where you are wrong. Morons don’t think.

19 Likes

Another mass shooting in America.

I can’t even work up any emotion other than distaste anymore.

10 Likes

I thought the NRA told me they were all just mentally ill people that needed more health services which no one will pay for…

4 Likes

Exactly. If the good mentally ill people had guns, they could have stopped the bad mentally ill people with guns.

8 Likes