Angry folks throw an anti-mask rally in Florida, the state that just broke a Covid-19 record

not enough ships

4 Likes

Your eyes are no longer welcome in your skull, and these new Ocular Spoons on the BoingBoing Store are the most convenient way to remove them. Just look at them, while you still can!

9 Likes
  1. Maybe? Definitely not from a public health point of view, but there’s probably some understanding of "they keep the shit from getting everywhere:.
  2. Because she is an idiot.
1 Like

Now I’m regretting watching Minority Report:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

With that kind of logic, Americans should be permitted the freedom to drive drunk or race cars on public streets.

I wanna live in your part of America, it sounds nice.

3 Likes

One of my daughter’s friends’ parents just lost his father to Covid-19. He’s a Trump supporter.

He has somehow convinced himself that his father died of “dementia” and apparently raised a fit when he was informed he’d need to suit up in PPE to see his dying father at the hospital.

Death itself is not a strong enough force to shake the faith of Trump’s cultists.

21 Likes

Ah hell, this is Florida we’re talking about here. Under the “stand your ground” laws can’t they be shot if they get too close?

8 Likes

I know, I wish there were some way to change the triage criteria so that people who choose not to wear masks (or alternately stay isolated) don’t take resources from people who take reasonable precautions. Even if there was it would be largely toothless though, once sick enough to need medical support nearly everyone who decided not to wear a mask will be willing to lie about that if they need to in order to get treatment.

1 Like

Artist: Robin Banks

14 Likes

And now they can put a gold Trump star up at the front door.

4 Likes

“Hogging all the ICU beds to own the libs” might be a thing…

6 Likes

That is why Operation Drumbeat was effective.

The US has become the Florida of the world.

14 Likes

This is really just “Tea Party” part two, it’s the fruition of decades of people selling paranoia and mistrust as their business model.

7 Likes

Just be sure to shout “I feel threatened!” before you fire.

8 Likes

To be serious, I expect that sooner or later, someone gets shot over not wearing a mask.

7 Likes
15 Likes

Could they actually put that into practice?

If someone insisted on approaching you in a way to corner you without a mask, could you shoot them in Florida?

I have a feeling this approach could lead to people taking both masks more seriously and the abolishment of that batshit stupid law seriously

Edit: actually no, that sounds utterly frightening. I wouldn’t walk outside if that happened there. Thats 2 kinds of crazy killing each other. Noone would win

5 Likes

As demonstrated above, the anti-maskers tend to also be the stand-your-grounders.

If only they could simplify things by shooting themselves…

6 Likes

Because in this culture, in order to win, somebody else has to lose.

9 Likes