Angry folks throw an anti-mask rally in Florida, the state that just broke a Covid-19 record

Donald will lose the election. Patience mindful

16 Likes

Next week they will rally for the right to light forest fires. Arsonist is such a pejorative term. If you don’t like cataclysmic fire storms, stay at home.

1 Like

Waldron’s story, unfortunately, is far from unique. Over the past few weeks and months, there have been numerous stories involving individuals who dismissed the severity of COVID-19 only to find themselves infected and fighting for their lives.

While it’s easy for people — especially on social media — to harp on the irony of this situation, the real takeaway here is that the coronavirus is deadly and people need to take social distancing guidelines and mask-wearing extremely seriously.

5 Likes

Is that the correct term for the group? I thought it went:
a pack of wolves
a pride of lions
a murder of crows
a morgue of morons

7 Likes

We all ponder this. What is it that’s made America like this? It’s not a recent thing but it’s certainly at its peak. Is it mearly arrogance?

2 Likes

The Dumbening ; it’s been going on since at least the end of WWII, and it was far more effective than anyone could have ever anticipated.

6 Likes

I just overheard a maskless customer telling a masked worker how glad he was that he had the courage to not wear a mask. They had been commiserating about the discomfort of masks.

When they talk about how dangerous it is to rebreath germy air I notice they never quote actual health professionals who have experience wearing masks all day.

3 Likes

1 Like

Kurt Anderson wrote a book about this; he traces our weak relationship with reality back to our origins. It is worth a read.

2 Likes

If these people get COVID-19 and die, that’s sad. If other people die because these assholes are hogging up all the ventilators? Now that’s a tragedy.

3 Likes

Thanks i’ll check it out. It’s really been fascinating watching America through all of this.

1 Like

horrifying, not fascinating. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Fuck that guy. He doesn’t get to apologize. I don’t care how sincere he thinks he’s coming across.

EtA:

Is a concept that only applies to white guys. Everybody else has to learn from the consequences of their actions.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.