Are Jews people? Find out after the break on CNN

I guess I’d better dust off and cue up all my ‘WTF/Are you fucking kidding’ memes & gifs; looks like I’m gonna be using them a lot over the next 4 years…

21 Likes

A few responses:

(a) Looks like you brought a gun to a drone fight!

(b) Right… because when the Trump apparatus and supporters implied or outright threatened violence pre-election (a la ‘if we don’t win…’) that was bad, but when you are the one claiming the right to shoot people, that’s good?

© I think Libya, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Syria, Ireland, etc. might GIVE YOU A FUCKING CLUE ABOUT HOW DESIRABLE CIVIL WARS ARE!!!

8 Likes

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.”

Shakespeare, “The Merchant of Venice.”

16 Likes

It just goes to show that there’s too much needless division in the world today. When will ISIS and the Republican party learn outgrow their petty squabbles and recognize that their similarities truly outweigh their differences?

24 Likes

Or - why not be mature enough to celebrate our/their differences? People shouldn’t need to be similar to get along, that’s the trap of conformist culture.

3 Likes

But in Alt-Right mythology, isn’t the media controlled by the the International Jewish Conspiracy? Isn’t that why he’s using Jewish symbolism to dehumanise those in the media he disapproves of?

12 Likes

From Mein Kampf:

The most frightful example of this kind is offered by Russia, where [Jews] killed or starved about thirty million people with positively fanatical savagery, in part amid inhuman tortures, in order to give a gang of Jewish journalists and stock exchange bandits domination over a great people.

Always great when people emulate the classics.:scream:

10 Likes

Of course. In right-wing populist mythology, da Joooos are “rootless cosmopolitans” bent on introducing “alien” ideas into a wholesome and God-fearing society.* This concept long predates the publication of the Elders of Zion forgery in the late 19th century.

[* I would have added “Christian” as an adjective, except for the fact that Islamists use the same trope.]

12 Likes

The fact that none of the heads of network news or prominent anchors who attended the dressing down lecture by Trump this morning walked out on him does not bode well for us. The normalization has truly begun.

I’m guessing that most of us would be horrified beyond our current state to witness what our government and press will look like in a few years. . . assuming the change happened all at once.

We are all just frogs, waiting for the water we are swimming in to boil.

18 Likes

Betteridge’s Law does not apply here.

1 Like

This is one of https://www.facebook.com/electricsheep old-school webcomicker Patrick Farley’s.

Guys, this new American National Anthem makes me uncomfortable.

9 Likes

We all are? Do you honestly believe that the elite of the government and mass media represent the will of the people? I am skeptical.

I’m saying that, if they’re threatening violence, and it looks more and more credible, it’s time to start thinking about preparing to defend yourself, since you not defending yourself will not stop them from killing you.
I’m in no way suggesting starting anything, just being prepared. Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Not desirable at all, until the only alternative is going off to a camp quietly. Of your examples, in the cases of Yugoslavia and Rwanda, it was a one-sided genocide precisely because one side had all the guns at the start of it. I would characterize Ireland as an ongoing occupation by a foreign power, rather than a civil war. The point being that, even if you have no intention of starting one, if it looks like someone else is planning to, you don’t want to wind up being the side without any guns. Saying that it might be a good precaution to exercise your second amendment rights (like people on the right have been saying forever) is not in any way advocating for civil unrest or civil war.

10 Likes

I will demoralize the opposition with my epic fatalism!
/s

10 Likes

Wow, the weirdos have really sucked the air out of he room. I would normal suggest walling them off but they are out of the closet. America is really demonstrating its inherent racism.

We truly need to petition the electoral college to vote against trump so we can contain these racist mutants. They are the true aliens.

2 Likes

The clown show continues …

5 Likes

I guess too many people love Trump’s hate.

4 Likes

There are several petitions. What really matters is getting Congress in line.

See my post above.

1 Like

So you’re thanking them for watching something for you and coming to a conclusion that might not be accurate at all? Isn’t that just as dangerous?