At military parade, Trump celebrates rebels' occupation of airports during American Revolution

11 Likes

Yeah, but the in-flight movies were much worse; there’s only so many times you can watch the Jeanne Quinault version of Cymbeline. And they only had 2G! Talk about your dark ages…

3 Likes

We would be better off with Terry Crew’s President Elizondo, I think.

9 Likes

The average elementary school kid can do a history presentation many orders of magnitude more intelligible and sincere than this. My gawd everything about this man is imbecilic, desperate and sad.

10 Likes

I think it’s not unusual for Americans who are not-so-historically-inclined to think the ‘Star-Spangled Banner’ was written in reference to the Revolutionary War, when in fact it refers to the War of 1812. But this is the President of the United States for gawd’s sake!

8 Likes

Now, to be fair to Trump, he doesn’t really know history or any of that book stuff.

2 Likes

I remember him. The Murphy Brown and potatoe guy. The guy who overslept when he came to Norway for our King Olav V’s funeral. We thought he became vice president so no one would dare to harm the president for fear that this idiot would take over.

9 Likes

Wait, the Germans?

1 Like

11 Likes

This explains a substantial number of vice presidents I can think of (probably Quayle and Pence; possibly Mondale and Biden; definitely Cheney and Agnew; I’d almost guess Bush Sr. but they went ahead and elected that one).

4 Likes

Too bad that Andrew Johnson was the exception to that rule.

2 Likes

Um, you can man the ramparts (or ram the man parts) but no one on our team is going to ram our own ramparts.

16 Likes

The longer the madness goes on, the more convinced I become that he’s the voice unit for a faulty/poorly trained neural net. A brain salad shooter.

Yeah… but he was an idiot before attaining office. It’s not like the position came with an IQ boost or history lessons. The man can’t even read daily briefings of what’s happening now. There’s no way he will allot the space of a brain cell on the past.

Apparently…

14 Likes

Forget it, he’s rollin’

4 Likes

The only reason you don’t think there were airports in the 18th c. was because the media told you so.

If “big media” stopped propagating “historical facts” then we wouldn’t have all these conversations about “inaccurate information in the political discourse” and we could spend more time holding our feet while rocking back-and-forth and saying “Wheeee!”

10 Likes

8 Likes

Unfortunately he somehow continues to be the president and over 30% of the voting population is fine with that. The USA is a failed state.

6 Likes

Imagine how much faster than Continental army would have taken over the airports had they used Space Force!

2 Likes

the first successful fixed-wing airplane was the Wright Brothers’ Flyer, flown in 1903

Or Sir George Cayley

As Wadsworth once famously wrote,

He said to his friend, “If the British march
By land or sea or air from town to-night,
Hang a lantern aloft in the belfry arch
Of the North Church tower, as a signal light, –
One, if by land, and two if by sea, and three, if by air;
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
To defeat Cornwallis of Yorktown.”

See, totally historically accurate.