At military parade, Trump celebrates rebels' occupation of airports during American Revolution

It’s looking more and more like that every day I’m afraid…unrelenting political deadlock and apathy, toxic hyper-partisanship (politics in a “death spiral” as libertarian (!) Justin Amash so aptly describes), rotting infrastructure, $22 Trillion (!!!) debt growing like so much unchecked cancer, increasing economic, health, and security disparity between rich and poor, haves and have-nots, private prisons, an increasingly corrupt and gamed justice system, much of the population in a state of delusion or trance, or just so numbed and sick of it all they’ve switched off, and can you blame them?..and the thing is you actually have to know a little history to understand that without a fairly immediate about-face it only gets worse. Really worse.

4 Likes

If egalitarian democracy is the American dream, it’s always been a failed state.

16 Likes

Also, remember that Trump has a lot of experience saying there will be airplanes, when there will be no airplanes.

7 Likes

I just don’t have any words left for how absolutely disgusted and shamed I feel that this man runs the United States

8 Likes

“I wanted to see the ‘Great White Hope’ speak to us Americans,” Joseph said. “He has America first and that’s what I care about. I want to see Americans thrive before anyone else who doesn’t deserve to be here thrive.”

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot of us over here thought that too.

4 Likes

Kinda scary that not even Voldemort receives this much blind devotion.

6 Likes

At a guess, because it’s funny. And sometimes all you can do is laugh.

1 Like
17 Likes

https://twitter.com/hashtag/RevolutionaryWarAirportStories

6 Likes

just checking in to see if anyone has a clue what this was really all about? was he misreading a teleprompter? mis-speaking off the cuff? I know he’s an idiot but there’s no way he actually believes there were airports in the revolutionary war…

3 Likes

He has dementia

7 Likes

Even the factual accuracies were problematic. Referring to the “five” branches of the military, and the Space Force. Because, Jesus Christ, there is a Space Force. Which, every time I hear it, reminds me of:
image image
I have this mental image of any service person who belongs to the Space Force, that when asked about their designation, they look down with a tight smile of embarrassment. The same way someone at a job interview might have to confirm that, yes, they indeed graduated from Schitt College.

7 Likes

It seems ever more probable, every damn day.

6 Likes

Is it … is it too late to go back to that?

4 Likes

Hey, you chose the hard Amerexit. Do you even know the rules of cricket? And is it milk first or tea first?

4 Likes

He moves his mouth and words come out. Everything else is a complete mystery.

9 Likes

No one knows the rules of cricket, that’s a trick question.

9 Likes

It is a trick question. Cricket does not have rules.

It has laws, as overseen by the egg-and-bacon attired MCC.

5 Likes

More people would watch cricket if these custodians had their debates in full view, on the pitch, in uniforms, adding additional weeks to each contest.

5 Likes