Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 5 - Severance

Natasha accept payment with gratitude. Makes note to self: @gwwar never can buy drinks for self if Natasha around.

Audacious Blip updated balance: b209.8333

3 Likes

@patrace:
please give b10 to @Old

Thanks for the loan, buddy!

4 Likes

Community Bank updated balance: b222.8000
Watford Gap’s loan = paid in full

Overpayment of b1.7400 noted and applied as @daneel contribution to Community Bank funds. Welcome to the board of directors, Captain Gap.

1 Like

Community Bank updated balance: b242.8000
Horatio Alger’s loan = paid in full

Overpayment of b1.3000 noted and applied as @inqydesu contribution to Community Bank funds. Welcome to the board of directors, Captain Alger.

1 Like

@patrace, @Glutnix, out of curiosity, it appears the one who took the most damage seems to be dead, what shall we do with Browf’s extra ship, Bingo?

2 Likes

Lazlo (@messana)! We have returned! Asteroids be damned! Damn shame to lose so many this go round, but that’s a spacer’s life. Let’s pour some out for them and remember the good times. And the bad times. And what time it is now.

Speaking of, it’s time we settled up, how much do I owe you for that timely b45.7? Let’s have a cold one and talk it over so I can get some repairs going, no way I can head back out without fixing something.

3 Likes

Vice returning from my mission I scan the wreckage for survivors. Maybe a Captain or crew can live?

@penguinchris, @rkt88edmo, @uphill, @Glutnix, @Felipe_Budinich: I got no money and no hope. Suggest we circle our wagons and fight the stupid drones. Unless Ella wants to bring us into her fold. I’d rather be doing something productive than worrying about debt collectors.

7 Likes

So do our indebted (and I see they’re all heavily indebted) colleagues have to take on a mission as well as fight off drones?

Can anyone pile on with them?

What happens to their debt if they survive this round?

4 FP for 4ST. Hmm shiny.

Give @daneel 4ST
2 Likes

Give @gwwar 4FP.

Pleasure doing business with you.

2 Likes

Give @daneel 4ST

Four ssstealth for four sssshields, Mr Gap?

Sold!

Give @Donald_Petersen 4SH.

Ah.

inhale

Ahhhh.

You smell that, Chicken?

That’s the smell of C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M.

The smell of FREEDOM.

9 Likes

Well, there aten’t any passes available for that, but I could deliver my mission selections over a beer.

5 Likes

@rkt88edmo is in a rather unique position: The Awesomating Overthruster is likely to survive mission 1 and collect b400, but only if Capt Edmo can scare up b100.0 for the mission and additionally clear his -b94.7 Unizone debt. Capt Edmo needs to get working the comms.

Three of you indebted Captains have a curious situation: at least one very high stat:

@Felipe_Budinich Capt. Takashi Hofmann of the Kanji, with -b88.5 debt, has only 19 HP, and FP 53
@uphill Captain information of the SLS Say Monkey with -b93.1 debt has 50 HP and ST 31
@newliminted The ISS My Daughter Drew with -b81.8 debt 32 HP and FP 41 SH 35

Either they can sell off the hardware to raise money, or they can make a pitch to the community that ships with such unique stats are a special resource to the community and are therefore worthy of loan to escape unizone’s clutches. I am very amenable to that pitch.

The Cosmosword is in a tough spot. But Capt Browf has been nothing if not resourceful – I wouldn’t count out the young space moose out yet.

Despite being -b94.9 in the hole, The Pleiades 360. is likely to find supporters elsewhere. Of course, as a current customer of the bank, I welcome pengin_chris’s proposals.

2 Likes

@davide405 @bizmail_public

b0 | Mission 1: Lizard’s Blood
-b23 | Sent to @davide405
b17 | Received from @davide405
Looks like the community bank gave your disbursement to Horatio Alger. Bummer.
-35 HP | Shoot Out w/ Nilah’s Crew

Well. That worked out brilliantly. I guess you can take the b18.7 out of the money I put in. That leaves me with b4.3 + b22 for b26.3, assuming I can withdraw. I guess I can afford:

2 Hull Density Adjustments (b10)
Mission 2 (b10)

Give 6.2 to @davide405, IFF the Community Bank continues to be used.

Live free and get rich or die tryin.

COME AT ME UNIZONEBRO!!!

2 Likes

As soon as I get back from hunting for survivors among the wreckage of the battle, I’ll accept any help offered. Don’t want to go down in flames fighting Unizone as a debtor. I’d rather do something useful. I’m open to suggestions. I don’t think selling off hardware is the best of things. I’m more useful intact, I think.

HALP!

3 Likes

We had the money and the intent to fund your modest loan.
I included you in the Community Banking Summary
Separately, we also funded Horatio Alger (@inqydesu)

@patrace, I am confused by this outcome.

The confusion may be that you indicated an initial preference for mission 2, but the community banking summary suggested mission 3? But we had the money to fund either mission.

Separately, the community bank is still functioning.

@patrace - my Firepower still seems to be +2 shy of my expected value of 24. And the last b5 I begged off the community bank doesn’t seem to have made it to my account, so I’ll submit the paperwork and hopefully they will find the bound transaction in the system and free it up refunded back to the bank, or at least I’ll get a couple bits in my pockets.

@bizmail_public @davide405 Oh community bankers - your faith in me will sadly not be repaid as unizone has set me toward financial ruin BUT THERE IS HOPE. I have found a new light and the shackles on my turbines feel lighter somehow, as if the Awesomating Overthruster is ready to dance beyond the grasp of our prior theiving partners malevolence. I still aim to pay, but there will be no repayment today. As an honest and forthright moose I will lay forth my plan for you to examine its profundinanitabilitageouseosity. I can feel that big score coming, I’ve been flying too fast too long to not hit that pay dirt all I need is
just
one
more
fix

HoNeYwInE for SALE…that’s RIGHT! I’ve got a big old cask of honeywine for sale, of course it sin’t the size of the cask but the use you put it to which will really count towards it’s effectiveness. C’mon down - ther eis no greater decoration for your hold than a private cask of your own, straight from the monks!!! First taste is free, I’ve got a growler on my hip at all times.

Mission 1 is calling my name and I’m gonna have to put on my game face and race through space to earn my place. My current thoughts rattling around my brain are to go for a double Billiken and push my luck strength up, which wehen coupled with my speed should help keep me in one piece. You can’t hid a moose easily and stealth has never been my game, fast and lucky, along with fast and bulbous. I’ll beeeeeeeee lookin for some big donors and bankers and honeywine buyers to see if I can rustle up the b100fee+b100 Luck-o-rama+b40 of hull patching, and I figure I can take all the raging asteroids and pie rats and unizonedronebonephonehomescones I get thrown at me…and I’ll be able to settle my debts fully and have enough to move out of this wacky wacky fur of my seat flying and get disciplined, because I do plan on getting disciplined just right after I get this one last big score…

No selling pts, I think I’d be signing my deathwarrant - but I will pay your fees and then some if I can collect that b400

6 Likes