Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 8 - Bad Penny

You can only trade one stat once per round, so unless we hear differently, your trade with @gwwar is the only FP you can do.

IF the situation changes, I would be willing to trade 4ST for 4FP.

So, based on recent reports this opportunity is open.

So, @patrace, I trade @uphill 4ST of mine for 4FP of his.

Not quite. @messana can’t trade out FP again, but there aren’t limits on trading in.

He could trade you 4SH for 4ST, for instance - although that would increase potential damage as a trade off against reduced likelihood of damage.

We need FP for Mission 2 to get up to 300; anything else is a waste. With that sort of attitude, I almost expect you to have a target painted on your back in short order…

Oh, hmm I already traded ST which makes my move invalid. @uphill trade with @OtherMichael

10 Likes

@messana? what, do all us lobsters look the same to you?

8 Likes

Depends on how you’re prepared.

8 Likes

This, from the humanoid in a unitard?

You how how f*****g awful it is to have to “pass” in this benighted ass-end of the universe?

I’m a bee. A fg bee. And I look human enough to get by, so most of the time I don’t get the “hey, honey” jokes, and the asides about my stinger, or being a drone, or my time as a grub, or requests for vomit, or people asking about my earwax, or if I’d want a royal fg jelly sandwhich. Do I ask YOU if you like a nice refreshing glass of breast milk, so that one of your screaming pink-toed brats goes hungry? IS THAT FUCKING FUNNY?

So this bee, he’s thirsty, and he goes into a bar for a drink, and the bartender says “we don’t get many of your kind here - you fucking bee” hits up the bee with an unrequested smoke which knocks him out, and he ends up spending the next 3 years in the filthiest hive you ever saw out back of this goddamn bar (not Duck’s; Duck runs a fine establishment, and never shanghaied anybody that didn’t owe him a significant amount of credit, I am led to understand. And he is quite generous with his credit, thanks, Duck).

Anyway, eventually, he makes it out of the hive and he goes back into the bar and orders a drink.

The bartender looks at him and says “we don’t get many of your kind” and the bee just interrupts him and says “I stung your daughter last year.”

The bartender stiffens up. “My daughter died of anaphylactic shock.”

“Yeah,” says the bee, “I know. And I had been fucking her for two years before that. But I got tired of her defending you. So I stung her. To her credit, she looked pretty sad as her throat was swelling up so she couldn’t breathe anymore.”

“Get the fuck out of my bar” says the barkeep. “And take your goddamn brat with you” and he pushes my stroller at my dad, and we leave.

So that’s how I met my dad. Maybe you have a similar story.

Anyway. Lobsters have names. Learn to use them correctly.

10 Likes

What?

6 Likes

[Lazlo makes a few additional modifications to strange node that has been hastily jerry-rigged to the Compute-O-Tron 9000. Various notes and annotations have been written in grease pencil in an engineering-specific dialect of space lobster.]

“Beggin’ yer pardon if this happens to offend the sensibilities of anyone present, but the engineers have been workin’ on a personality construct to simulate a little of what the Star Trader himself mighta offered in this situation. The boys in R&D tell me they’ve taken everything Falkayn ever said an’ fed it into this thing what is called a Markov Chain, an’ apparently it spits out a reasonable facsimile to the original. I recon if we can pair his inspiring words with the analysis of the Compute-O-Tron 9000, we might have a bit more insight to takin’ down this big mama replicator before we get taken down ourselves. We ready here boys? Right, go ahead and activate the Falkayn Device!”

LOAD "*",8,1
---------------------
Analysis of [Mission 1]
---------------------
EN+ST  0_hits  1_hits  2+hits
  70    1.38%   7.12%  91.50%
  75    3.17%  12.67%  84.16%
  80    6.87%  20.62%  72.51%
  85   14.22%  30.12%  44.65%
  90   28.24%  37.66%  34.10%
  91   32.25%  38.27%  29.48%
  92   36.77%  38.37%  24.87%
  93   41.86%  37.81%  20.33%
  94   47.59%  36.45%  15.95%
  95   54.04%  34.13%  11.84%
  96   61.27%  30.64%   8.09%
  97   69.38%  25.75%   4.86%
  98   78.47%  19.22%   2.31%
---------------------
"Stay Together!  Enjoy Alive!  Today!"

[Lazlo flushes a bright crimson of shocked embarrassment and glares at the engineers.]

“Lads, ye can do better than that. The analysis is sound, but I’ll not have yer disgrace the memory of the good captain like this. Get it back to the lab and don’t come back until ya got somethin’ to be proud of.”

“But the upshot here, spacers, is that unless ya be sportin’ some serious anti-detection countermeasures and fully sentient repair systems, stay away from the Column Cannons. Just one hit will ring yer hull like the Tidewalker himself, and two hits are a death sentence. An’ yet we’re gonna have to strike that blow somehow.”

“Given that Ella’s Gift sits snugly in the sweet spot for this mission, a few of our pilots are in a position to carry us through here. With Ella’s Gift, three captains will have an optimal configuration for the mission: @OtherMichael (EN+ST: 102, HP 16), @Slaal (EN+ST: 102, HP 98), and @inqydesu (EN+ST: 99, HP 105). Granted, that would put the good Captain Savaric Tubertus Wynkn Basiliscos Leontios Palaeologus al Wathiq at the greatest risk, seein’ as the Bad Penny gave the Not Worthy of Acknowledgement a helluva rattlin’ on the last go.”

[Lazlo, unused to this sort of speaking, pauses for a moment before continuing.]

“But if we’re gonna save Charybids, I reckon it will be in the hands of these three. Nobody else has near as good a chance of surviving. I strongly encourage yer ta think long an’ hard on th’ matter.”

EDIT: Updated for more easily interpretible outcomes.

12 Likes

::blink blink::

Great Falkayn’s Ghost!

I’ll have to sleep on this.

YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO TALK THIS SHIP INTO MISSION 2 IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?

9 Likes

@messana I’ve also got up to 98 for EN + ST. We also still need more FP on 2, and we could do with backup for @DreamboatSkanky on 3.

And we don’t know where the YOLO Mk2 might show up to ruin someone’s day.

1 Like

On review it seems that there are other, much more capable, ships that may be tackling Mission 1. If this turns out to be the case it makes more sense for me to pitch in on to Mission 2 so we’ve got enough firepower to succeed there, or even Mission 3.

I’ll have to wait and see what the heavy weights decide to do before making a final decision.

“Entirely true, Cap’n Gap. I’d not folded in the most recent updates with the horse trading on ST and didn’t want to suggest the Moral Flexibility take Mission 1, particularly in the light of, shall we say, recent developments. We’ll need maximum redundancy on each of the attack vectors to prevent any…spoilers…from dishonoring not only themselves but the fleet.”

“An’ I agree entirely - the difference between 94 ST+EN and 98 ST+EN is significant. If’n yer willing to take the Moral Flexibility on this most dangerous of missions, well - it’s all I’d expect from the only spacer among us wearin’ a proper hat.”

[A patrioitic tear wells about Lazlo’s right eyestalk, but any spacer will tell you that allergies are known to suddenly act up in Duck’s Pond.]

4 Likes

“Mr. MacMichael (@funruly), I an’ th’ crew of the Didn’t See That Coming would be honored to act as space escrow for the items in question. I sense a history at play that I am unaware of, and as such am able to remain an impartial party to the matter. I swear by my dedication to the fleet that I will uphold the outcome of the wager.”

2 Likes

Yes, my thoughts. If I choose Mission 4, I also may choose who will be harrassed? What if I choose to harrass someone who also chose Mission 4?

In the meantime, I call dibs on the hat which will help me fulfill a Random Task.

Don Mondo’s Gift - Square Crowned Bowler
Mission 1 (or 4 - I need that answer)

3 Likes
+---------- Ship ----------+-- HP ---+- FP -+- SH -+- EN -+- ST -+- LK -+- GRIT -+
| Awesomating Overthruster | 124/123 |  25  |  25  |  41  |  18  |  31  |   6    |
+--------------------------+---------+------+------+------+------+------+--------+

“Behold, as the Awesomeating Overthruster earns its True Name and exceeds the parameters of reality itself! Behold the Moose ascendant! (@rkt88edmo)”

9 Likes

MIssion Rosters

updated 6 pm Pacific Time, Friday night
reflects current, possiibly incorrect estimates. Does not include upgrades or swaps.

Mission 1
Requires high EN+ ST
Certain Moral Flex (Daneel) EN+ST 77
SLS Say Monkey (Uphill) EN + ST 60
Awesomating Overthruster (rkt88edmo) FP 25 EN+ST 59

Mission 2
need FP to sum to 300. Currently have FP 353 on this mission. LOCK!

The keep ship stat is EN+LK.

Didn’t See That Coming (messana) FP 58 SH+EN 48
Smiling Dingo (gwwar) FP54 SH+EN 72
Carcinogenic Denture (Donald_Petersen) FP 41, SH+EN 65
ZepEx Express 1337 (wisconsinplatt) FP42 SH+EN 64
The ISS My Daughter Drew (newliminted) FP 41 SH+EN 61
Not Worthy (OtherMichael) FP 40 SH+EN 74
Grand Striped Blazer (prompted_ink) FP 28 SH+EN 56
Ignoble Calumnie (Funruly) FP 26 SH+EN 50
Audacious Blip (davide405) FP 23 SH+EN 73

Mission 3
Somewhat Broken Heart (Dreamboat Skanky) FP 32 SH+EN 75
Cosmosword (Glutnix) FP 27 SH+EN 57

MIssion 4

Defector – jlw YOLO Mk II
responder – (none yet)

Any captain choosing mission four is a Defector, is a threat to everyone else, and will need to be be neutralized by an additional “responding” ship also choosing mission 4. The responder needs to specifically antagonize the original defector.

Responder ships are guaranteed to outnumber the defector, as the responder will be fighting alongside whoever the defector chose to antagonize orginally.

Ships not specifically suited to a mission should choose to be a Mission 4 responder

Ships yet to declare a mission

Mission 1 Candidate
@inqydesu Pluck EN+ST 83 FP 39 SH+EN 79

MIssion 2 Candidates
@Old USSS Rustbucket FP 40 SH+EN 58

MIssion 3 & 4 Candidates
@Ratel The Entropy FP32 SH+EN 70
@penguinchris _ Pleiades 360_ FP 30 SH+EN 55
@Demiurgus Pennywhistle FP 28 SH+EN 41
@micaela Micaela-1 FP 20 SH+EN 54

“The ledgers maybe FUBAR, but a Cyborg Public Accountant keeps on counting”
“Duke” Mardukas, CPA
Falkayn Community Memorial Fund

11 Likes

“In thossse rare timesss of ssself-doubt, I’ve alwaysss turned to the wisdom of my ancessstorsss. And there’sss a recent antecedent whose example has never failed me.”

“What would Ssskipper do?”

“I think it’sss obviousss, Sssir Galaxxxy. He doesssn’t look the sssort to asssk quessstionssss firssst and get shot immediately thereafter.”

“No, he was not, Professsor. Ssspace Lizard to the bitter end, he was. And ssso shall we be, ssso that the Carcinogenic Denture may prove as ssstoried a warship as the immortal Flatulent Deity.”

“If I may, sssir?”

“Take her out, Professssor.”

“We hereby add our 41FP to Mission 2 - Little Man. And we’ll accept Ella’s generousss gift as well.”

“Sssoundsss prudent. Mondo never ssseemss to carry lidsss in our sssize anyway.”

11 Likes

Dakota: These numbers suggest that we’re best off flying the Cosmosword up the nose. Bash ol’ Abe with the hoof! If we accept Ella’s gracious gift of engineering upgrades with a side of stealth, we’ll come out snot free!

Browf Hah, that pun is almost as good as the plan! It will be most honourable to fight for Charybdis and freedom from this money monstrosity! Mom will be so proud! Lock it in!

+15 EN, +2 ST | Ella’s Gift
Mission 3 - Up the Nose
-b5 | Crew Fee - Dakota Hoofington

Browf: Uh, I may not be able to pay you for this mission, seeing as how the blockchain is chained and blocked. You sure you want to fly with the Cosmosword on this one?

Dakota: Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss this adventure for the worlds! They’ll be making holos, nay, not just holos but, MOVIES about this one!

Dakota: … but you’ll pay me once the cash frees up, right?

8 Likes

[Lazlo gestures at Sssir Galaxy in a claw-motion of unbridled admiration.]

Spazio Compagnio! I am glad to once again fly by your side as we approach the heart of the matter. I’ll cover yer wing on this run, old poet, if ye’ll let me.”

4 Likes