Bannon back at Breitbart after Trump White House ouster: 'I've got my hands back on my weapons'

I don’t agree with that part of your read on it.

Occams razor doesn’t work on Bannon. Gotta use Machiavelli’s razor.

6 Likes

I am confused as I am seeing conflicting reports. Some are saying he is going to war with trump and the office. Others are saying he is going to war for trump.

And there is hedging about who he is willing to go after.

Everything is a cluster fuck. Not a surprise.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s Bannon sowing disinformation. Expect a lot of it.

14 Likes

We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else.

This was the plan whether Il Douche won or lost: to mobilise the bigoted Know-Nothing 30% and, to use his comrades’ term, to “unite the right” into a nasty populist movement. That’s the kind of hydra that Putin can throw his pet oligarchs’ money behind – the loans to the grifter were just a prelude.

“et al” being other “rootless cosmopolitans,” who are wont to manipulate and cheat good gentiles. The ADL and SPLC might want to staff up, because we’re going to see a lot of this in the coming years.

8 Likes

It irks me when people uncritically accept that Bannon is a “genius”, and not a pathetically grandiose far-right fanfic author who got into a scary grown-up pickle and had to leave his bedroom when it turned out that half the electorate took his fantasy world seriously.

I believe he’s giddy with relief to go back to his life of posting on his BBS. I don’t think that’s feigned at all. Of course he’ll frame it as “I blew up the Death Star and Princess Leia french kissed on me because she said I was the best at the Force”, because that’s what he is.

17 Likes

Breitbart is one of the more polished privately held cognitive dissonance generators that’s been hobbled together, ever.

This calls for sound judgement, and primary sources.

7 Likes

Assuming Trump is still president six months or a year from now, Breitbart will be his most enthusiastic supporter. Finally, there’s been some serious push-back from real Americans against Bannon and his white supremacist buddies. Even a few Republicans are starting to hint that if the liberal body count continues to climb, they might actually beg Mr. Trump to call off his dogs until after the next election. So OK, it’s time for a little cosmetic sacrifice to “prove” Trump isn’t still trying to figure out whether his real boss is Bannon or Putin.

The neo-Nazis haven’t had it so good since Woodrow Wilson. They aren’t going to screw it all up over the fact that both of Trump’s bosses now have to phone in his marching orders instead of just walking down the hall and slapping them down on his desk.

Yes, they’ll yap a little at first, like a chihuahua in its owner’s arms when it sees a real dog walk by, but that will just be a bit of performance art. The alt-right knows Trump has their back. He’s one of theirs.

Bannon is not a genius.

He is, however, a highly talented ratfucker.

15 Likes

There’s some things even a rat won’t do.

7 Likes

I’m seeing mixed messages on this. Some say Bannon is going to be gunning for the left, and some say Bannon is going to lump Trump in with the left…

1 Like

‘I’ve got my hands back on my weapons’

Pathetic little man…

5 Likes

How many years later and Dr. Horrible is still better than 90% of the movies out there.

5 Likes

For them, the term “democrat” is synonymous with enemy.
So now trump is a democrat to bannon.

2 Likes

Comey should be nowhere near this group.

That would be awkward. Like, up to five years in prison type awkward.

6 Likes

“Some” is neither a reliable nor a primary source!

1 Like

Yup, especially Bannon talkef about having built a fucking machine to go back to.

1 Like

Bannon was quoted as saying he was a “Leninist” who wanted to “destroy the state” and “bring everything crashing down”, so building up a hateful right-wing base, using it to elect an incompetent boastful puppet, then leaving the White House so he can then attack the guy he got into office sounds about right.

Though I find it hard to believe this was really his plan all along.

4 Likes

You made me think of Neuromancer, i.e.:
Bannon:Wintermute::Trump:Armitage.

1 Like

Mainly because he said so.

2 Likes

Seriously, his whole exit speech threat sounds like something from a grounded 12-year-old, or an 80’s cartoon villain. I can’t decide which.

4 Likes