Bannon back at Breitbart after Trump White House ouster: 'I've got my hands back on my weapons'

What the heck is a “Neo-Lib”?

HTH, HAND.

5 Likes

This reminds me of something LBJ allegedly said about J Edgar Hoover - that he’d rather have him inside his tent, pissing out, than the other way round.

2 Likes

What actual needle-moving thing did Bannon do during his first run at Breitbart – or Breitbart itself, pre-Bannon?
Donald’s election doesn’t count; he was elected as a result of Comey’s cowardice in the face of pressure from the FBI’s NYC office and, more, the Electoral College, the justification for which ended no later than 1864. Donald was elected with a deficit of approx. 3M votes. But for the EC, it would have been a bloodbath. (As for Congress, we can thank gerrymandering – again, neither Bannon nor Breitbart.)
Short version: I’m magnitudes less impressed by and interested in Bannon than the mainstream media. Then again, I deal with facts far more than they do.

5 Likes

Helped Trump win the primary, and played a major role in the genesis and mobilisation of the alt-right.

Breitbart’s influence is within the GOP only, but there’s plenty of room to create havoc from there.

3 Likes

On the repetition of history theory, this makes Bannon Rosenberg rather than Goebbels.

Breitbart was the most vocally pro-Trump “news” source in 2016 and beyond. If they are now going to be the most anti-Trump will their minions just do a complete about-face and follow, or will they finally get suspicious of what they are being fed? Those are the two choices here for anyone who was loyal to Breitbart: if Bannon and Trump are at war, do they support Bannon or do they support Trump?

It could be a lose-lose for both sides, like if 50% of Breitbart’s audience abandoned the site, and/or 50% of Trump’s most loyal start calling him part of the NWO-globalist-conspiracy.

2 Likes

If he has a machine then he’s less likely to hurt his back.

Or so I’m told.

3 Likes

The DLC were Neo-Libs.

1 Like

I don’t know if there really was a pre-Bannon Breitbart. He seemed to be the interface between the Mercers and Andrew Breitbart from the start.

Inside The Wealthy Family That Has Been Funding Steve Bannon’s Plan For Years March 22, 2017, Dave Davies, NPR

3 Likes

It would be truly wonderful if Bannon were to turn on Robert Mercer and give us something that could get him actually imprisoned. It’s not just America that’s suffered from his electoral manipulations - he manipulated the UK EU Referendum and now this country is royally fucked.

We’re a tiny island with, at best, enough land to support 2 million people at current living standards with current technology. We have a population of 60 million taking up the land we would need to do even that, and most of that population - by a substantial margin - is British born. Immigrants are a drop in the ocean of our population, but immigrants and migrant workers represent 20 BILLION POUNDS a year of our income… and a fair old chunk of the goods we export.

The increased cost of importing all the food we need without that EU discount will slam an awful lot of people down under the poverty line, and all because some guy who doesn’t even live here decided to play with 60 million lives.

I call that pretty fucking evil, and he is Bannon’s wallet.

6 Likes

Apparently r/the_donald was arguing about this recently and decided that breitbart was now fake news (which I think Trump has said now too?)

2 Likes

I used to have a lot more conservative friends. Over the last ten years or so I’ve watched them grow increasingly shrill in defense of “their” party and I’ve slowly cut ties to them. Oddly, not one of them has admitted (yet) that maybe, just maybe, they backed the wrong horse and it’s time to throw in the towel and start looking at other options.

4 Likes

But if he continues to support Trmp I’m sure a pardon will be available if needed.

“We though Trump was one of ours, but he’s not, he intentionally sabotaged [all the shit Trump tried and failed to push through].”

Intentionally? I’m not sure he’s even coherent enough to be aware of anything at all

2 Likes

They’re a pair of apocalypse nuts. (Three counting the bio-quack with 14,000 bottles of piss.) Bannon does kind of look like one of the unhappy mutants in Beneath the Planet of the Apes, who has revealed his true self to his god.

Perhaps they could disagree about which post-apocalyptic world they want? (Probably one of those ones where the population has been cut to 80 million mostly-white people.)

I think the target is going to be the remains of the Old Republicans, which Bannon couldn’t do from the White House.

6 Likes

Have you read, “Interface” by Neal Stephenson and George Jewsbury? Every since the Primaries, I’ve been thinking I’ve stumbled in to the narrative of that book - only far more anarchic and weird.

7 Likes

Yup. Plus Javanka.

He isn’t turning on Trump, he’s crusading against the last remaining restrictions on the Bannonite TrumpGOP solidifying control.

5 Likes

“The RINO Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I’ve just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republicans have been swept away.”
―Grand Moff Bannon.

8 Likes