Biden electability

More important than actual dollars donated is number of donors. Going into the primaries, broad support, even if it’s low-dollar, is what major donors look to back. Nobody wants back a losing candidate and if there’s enough grassroots support for Warren (or someone else) then we’ll see major donors follow.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s true at all. Barely half a year into her term and she’s tipping the boat upside down, as I see it. But everybody’s got their angle (and pet issues).

5 Likes

We’ve halved the loaf and triangulated and reached out to conservatives so long that THIS is what we’re reduced to. How about giving us a fucking Democrat for a change instead of a solid string of Republicans? And stop shaming the grotty little Poors for not being enthusiastic enough. Give them something to vote FOR for once.

Clinton was the “most electable candidate ever,” too.

3 Likes

So. let me see… Foreign policy = pet issues.

Ha ha!!! That’s hilarious and so American (you do have a passport I guess…?)

Anyways, even if the rest of the world is a ‘pet issue’ then how do you explain the paradoxical situation whereby a supposed ‘radical leftist’ has never spoken up against American neo-con imperialism, not once.

…because… power. And status quo.

AOC can say anything she likes about the environment, and corrupt businesss.

But the minute she starts interfering in the war machine, she will be taken down…immediately

1 Like

That would only make sense if HRC and Biden were extensively documented serial liars who overtly abused women all the time, never paid their debts, engaged regularly in tax fraud, defrauded vulnerable college students with fake unaccredited universities, spent nearly a decade trying to convince everyone the president isn’t a citizen due to deep seated racism, called nazis who drove into a crowd killing someone “very fine people”, were willing to accept valuable intelligence and gifts from foreign governments in order to win elections, had campaigns deeply involved with hostile foreign powers, constantly calls journalists the enemy of the people in order to discredit verbatim quotes said moments earlier, threatened to imprison political opponents if they won, lied about literally everything, were in general insufferable bullies who can’t say an emotionally neutral word if it’d save their life…

Are you fucking out of your mind, or just making a really stupid unfunny joke?

3 Likes

Just a reminder for those who think that both parties are the same:

And - just to calibrate - when people say that Biden is a “moderate Democrat” they mean he’s in the middle of the Democratic party on a mix of issues. That puts him well to the left of almost all Republicans. There are a whole bunch of reasons to not like the man, and for sure he is on the right of the progressive candidates in the race on many issues, but it doesn’t do the discussion any good to work from a distorted view of the political spectrum.

5 Likes

[I guess I replied as the thread was being split because my response is in the other thread now.]

So then who isn’t? If Warren and AOC are the same as Trump, there’s no point. We’re just fucked?

Care to offer guidance?

2 Likes

Three countries is not the breadth of foreign policy. And personally I haven’t heard her speak to any of those, but I wouldn’t assume that because I haven’t that she doesn’t have a position on them. Apparently you do.

4 Likes

Tulsi Gabbard isn’t status quo.

She’s the ONLY candidate who has uses the word ‘peace’ repeatedly during her campaign…

… and the only one openly advocating against illegal foreign military interventions, aka the military industrial complex

It’s also why she hasn’t got a hope of being elected

Of course she has a position.

But she’s a genuine progressive who happens to be playing the power game.

So, she’s NOT ALLOWED to say her position.

What dose of LSD does a person have to be on to believe a statement like this?

3 Likes

This is not the reason that Tulsi hasn’t a hope of being elected.

3 Likes

Just for the record, I was responding to @twelvemonkeys post about Warren and AOC being “status quo”. I am in no way equating Trump with Warren and AOC.

Though I may be interested in this LSD of which you speak…

5 Likes

This might, though. She says she has evolved since this, but damn…

7 Likes

Conversion therapy is “controversial” to the same extent as saying “let’s put all the immigrants in concentration camps” is “controversial”. It’s not controversial. It’s just evil. Saying things are controversial when there’s a very clear right and wrong side just serves to legitimize them.

Bullshit journalistic neutrality is pure cowardice.

14 Likes

Amen. She lost my vote when this came out. She may realize that she cannot say things like this, but I have no way to know what is in her heart. This suggests nothing good.

ETA: “early 2000s” was not all that long ago.

6 Likes

Sorry, I guess that jump wasn’t quite clear–I wasn’t accusing you of thinking that.

And I just grabbed LSD out of a hat (metaphorically) to emphasize the altered-state one would have to enter to see equivalence between Warren, AOC, and Trump. :wink:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Futurama%2C%20Bender%20-%20You're%20Serious%2C%20Let%20Me%20Laugh%20Harder%20%5Boptimized%203MB%5D

Pretty sure LSD isn’t up to the task. But I hope for his sake the climate is better on his planet.

4 Likes

Tulsi Gabbard isn’t status quo.

She’s exactly status quo if you’re a Republican.

… and the only one openly advocating against illegal foreign military interventions, aka the military industrial complex

Warren and Sanders have both talked about the military industrial complex.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/26/bernie_sanders_to_military_industrial_complex_we_will_not_contnue_to_spend_700_billion_per_year_on_war.html

And Sanders was the only person, as I recall, to vote against the Iraq war.

Gabbard is the candidate being promoted most by conservatives online and one of the most right-wing Democrats in the house. She’s stood in support of mass murders like the leader of Syria, she’s anti-LGBTQ and has actively worked with her father against gay rights.

I look at the total package. I don’t expect every politician is going to agree with me on every topic, but I care about who does the most, and if their disagreements with me on other important topics is tantamount to a continuation of the ruinous policies of the GOP. Gabbard is the candidate who is MOST like the GOP, and thus LEAST likely to get my support.

Try something else, this is facile.

9 Likes