Charges dismissed for cop who paralyzed innocent grandfather on a stroll

The problem is that cops know that violence is only OK in poor sections of town and keep most of their worst offenders working those beats. Meanwhile, the polite and well adjusted cops are sent to patrol the well-to-do neighborhoods.

5 Likes

True, but humans are creatures of habit.

If it becomes habitual to automatically treat everyone who isn’t in police uniform like a dangerous threat, eventually it’s going to exceed the “sanctioned parameters.”

3 Likes

Whoa there Rockerfeller! Sonys. Or whatever the dollar store is selling these days that rhymes with that.

And on that day, I’ll understand what I already always knew: Never trust cops to show restraint in an environment where they lack accountability.

18 Likes

You really missed the bit about being sarcastic?
How on earth can you say such a thing to somebody if you don’t know there stands and posting history. Or even haven’t read the whole thread?

5 Likes

I’m seriously hoping that was just more sarcasm.

2 Likes

I hope you are right. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a part of me that refuses to add a “/s” tag almost as a point of pride. To some extent, I’m asking for it.

12 Likes

Only to the extent that people who don’t realize that you’re being facetious fail to ask you if you’re serious before jumping all over your case.

3 Likes

And I loved your reply correcting about the headphones.
But these extreme reactions make me also wonder. Where are these people when there is (again and again) a serious discussion about these issues.

5 Likes

I read that as an “In B4” comment. Even if you didn’t mean it that way, it sort of still worked that way!

3 Likes

I think the habit is to arrest people who aren’t likely to be able to defend themselves properly in court… as in the poor, more than it is to simply treat everyone as an animal. Cops are dumb but not that dumb.

1 Like

Absolute power corrupts, absolutely; there is no “tends to” about it.

My apologies - but your version of sarcasm reads like a doppelgänger of what you’re mocking. Also, JK about Beats, I’m no fan of them either. I’m just not feeling much humor about an innocent man having his spine snapped by a thug policeman, so my reply to your comment with tinged with red mist.
PLEASE use one of these next time: < sarcasm >

6 Likes

I know them feels. This year, we’re all feelin’ em, buddy. Sometimes ya just gotta take a Buddha break to stay sane. *hug*

6 Likes

I was assuming that was an allusion to the jogger that happened to last year & was more sarcasm.

2 Likes

In light of the rest of the conversation I’m sure you are right. And I a bit on the flaming wrong.

That’s known as Poe’s Law.

12 Likes

If by “hostages” you mean “slaves” then i concur.

This comes the same day that yet another “Not Guilty” verdict is read in Baltimore.

Accountability is so severely lacking…

4 Likes

Oh you and your sarcastic unicorns!

7 Likes