Charlottesville: Brave Students Protest Nazi Rally

acb032a0ec4b43fe83d7ebcaaf43a8dd

:wink:

3 Likes

Because someone asked me:

Outing Peter Cvjetanovic here is acceptable since he owned up to being at the rally. Please donā€™t dox anyone who did not admit to participating, here. @M_Dub linked to some places where such actions are accepted, hopefully with the appropriate level of thoroughness and due diligence.

10 Likes

Remember, Peter Cvjetanovic wants you to know he isnā€™t a neo-Nazi!

DHI5cbvXsAAcc2u

9 Likes

Makes one wonder what he thinks a neo-Nazi is?

On second thought, not really, he knows heā€™s one and he knows heā€™s lying.

5 Likes

And it is more than okay to punch this guy.

9 Likes

ā€œIā€™m not a neo-Nazi, Iā€™m a real Nazi!ā€

9 Likes

What? Heā€™s just asking questions? That doesnā€™t mean heā€™s a nazi! /s

6 Likes

ā€œOoooh, donā€™t stoop to their level. When they kill us, weā€™d be just as bad as them for defending ourselves.ā€

7 Likes

I donā€™t think you were referring to my earlier comment, but just in case I want to make it very clear that Iā€™m not opposed to fighting in self-defense (quite the contrary), my comment had been in a response to a comment made in the heat of the moment that went well beyond that.

1 Like

5 years ago that would have been an Onion headline.

5 Likes

2 years IMHO

At this rate by next year theyā€™ll be tagging #NotAllNazis.

3 Likes

Naw, Iā€™m just calling out all those gutless pacifists who think genocide is somehow an acceptable opinion.

2 Likes

My approach to pacifists is, if youā€™re not going to help, then get out of the way. I think pacifists can be courageous (Ghandi, for example), but they have no moral right to tell anyone else to roll over.

5 Likes

It just frustrates me so much when these white supremacists are marching around screaming about how they want to annihilate other races, and thereā€™s this contingent of morons who are like ā€œI hate the nazis, but they have a point to make.ā€

No, they donā€™t have a point to make, their speech is invalid, and when they kill people, thatā€™s not accidental, thatā€™s just a warm up. Free speech isnā€™t any more sacred than the right to bear arms, or the right to not have troops quartered in your house. But somehow, these people think that while warrantless wiretapping is fine, and no-knock raids arenā€™t a problem, while counterprotesting actual nazis is wrong.

9 Likes

Yeah.

The supposed leftists who are constantly spouting off against antifa need to seriously reconsider what theyā€™re doing. Youā€™re going to need them before this is over.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/premature_antifascist

11 Likes

The right to free speech is never the right not to be held accountable for it.

7 Likes

IMG_0194

IMG_0199

IMG_0195

20 Likes

Holes in your head today
But Iā€™m a pacifist

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next should be one of the current anthems for the American left, but I expect that the centrists and right wing will wilfully misunderstand the ā€œSo if I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascistsā€* line.

*Itā€™s a quote from a book about Welsh miners and farmers fighting with the International Brigades in the Spanish civil war, who were fighting when the ā€œmoderatesā€ were talking about appeasement.

5 Likes

This insane situation hasnā€™t quite reduced decent people to saying, ā€˜if youā€™re not for us, youā€™re against usā€™, but itā€™s certainly a case of if youā€™re for them, youā€™re against us.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s how fascists always work. They set people against each other.

7 Likes