Church elder tried to pay for Grindr sex with Arby's card, say police

Yup. It’s odd that some people are reaching for straws that they don’t know his publicly expressed views on homosexuality. Googling the, er…position of the Church of Christ on LGBTQ+ rights takes two minutes. Saying he wasn’t a proponent of the very thing that they arrested him for is about as convincing as saying an ICE officer might not be an opponent of refugee rights. Actions speak louder than words.

2 Likes

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. I don’t know how much of a hypocrit is he if, if at all. He’s obviously very conflicted and clearly has no clue how the world works. Sad.

1 Like
3 Likes

Me too! Oh man, this explains so much about why all these sexy guys were showing up to my house without sandwiches and we were both confused.

4 Likes

Pervert!!

2 Likes

There’s a sign in the subway stop near me that says the fine for smoking is “Not more than $100 or 10 days in jail”.

Really? 10 days or $100?

2 Likes

Damn, you beat me to it!

2 Likes

Salt daddy? Corn Ethanol Daddy?

6 Likes

In hindsight, I maybe should have said:

“Sir, this is an Arby’s.”

2 Likes

Poor guy just thought Grindr was an app that you use to get a grinder* delivered to your doorstep day or night.

*regional term. In some places they call it a hero, others a hoagie, others a submarine sandwich. Whatever you call it, it’s a foot long thing of meat (and usually some oil) between two buns.

At any rate, if I wanted a sugar daddy and all I got was an Arby’s gift card, I’d be pissed too.

1 Like

More like the Sweet-n-Down-Low, amirite?

4 Likes

Umm… sploosh?

1 Like

Per TheFriendlyAtheist site, they say his church is anti-gay. It isn’t Westboro level, but it definitely isn’t inviting the gays.

5 Likes

Flex Fuel Daddy?
(I’m sorry, but it was right there.)

4 Likes

Haggard’s Law: The likelihood of a person harboring secret desires to engage in sexual and/or romantic activities with members of the same sex is directly proportional to the frequency and volume of said person’s vocalized objections to homosexuality.

2 Likes

As a gay guy who’s used Grindr for years the part about the whole thing that troubles me is that a police department is creating a fake profile and seeking out people that are engaged in trading sex for money or whatever… who cares? The guy wanted sex and then there’s someone who needs money or whatever who’s willing to exchange. It’s not like they’re alleging he was trying to get a minor to do this. If you use the app you see this all day long every day. So it’s cool that the cops cruise the app and make fake profiles to “catch” these horrible criminals? Horny old men who have no realistic option than to offer someone money for sex. The app is full of this activity - and the people that accept the money for sex are willing active participants who are not in the least bit victims of anything. How stupid that the police department it wasting time and money trying to catch people committing these types of “crimes.”

1 Like

Why can’t they get together and have sex with each other?

Though I agree in principle that prostitution should be legal.

I’m just guessing, but I imagine a lot of what makes it hot for him is that they are young, college aged men. Plus I’m sure there’s a degree of power play involved; hence the offer to be a financial sugar daddy. Men his own age aren’t likely to be looking for – or needing – that, at least not from the sugar baby position.

If he wanted to have sex with men his age, I’m guessing he could. It’s not what he wants.

Why can’t all brunettes just get together and have sex with each other?

2 Likes

Well I agree that is the case with SOME horny old men. But to say they don’t have a realistic option I don’t think is true. It just may not be the option they prefer.

1 Like

At first I was wondering if that was in his defense in the article, but then I focused on the comment you were replying to.

As for @whocares commenting “Horny old men who have no realistic option than to offer someone money for sex.” I had to laugh because, hey, that’s Trump! Sure, in theory he doesn’t have to pay women to have sex with him. He just has. And some, like Melania, have opted for the lump sum payment instead of the installment plan.

I agree. If nothing else, there’s always the realistic option of onanism. It doesn’t have to cost a lot, and unless the horny old man is a cop, it doesn’t have to involve the police.

To his comment worrying about cops setting up fake profiles on Grindr, I honestly expect cops set up fake profiles on every sex service they can. It’s not cool. It’s cops doing what cops do.

2 Likes