Condoleezza Rice on Capitol Riot: "It's time to move on"

She figures since rethugs can’t process more than one tiny thing at a time in their minuscule “brains,” no one else can, either. It’s like liars’ being convinced everyone else is lying, or know-nothings’ assuming that no one else knows jack shit about anything.

Buncha nanowits, herself included.

7 Likes

So, is that like universal amnesty for everyone who committed a crime within the last two years?

She does at least say “Law enforcement will determine what happened there.”
So she’s not suggesting a total amnesty. Just that it’s sorted out quietly without publicity, so that if most of the insurrectionists are let off without punishment no-one notices, and no-one is dissuaded from repeating an attempted coup in future.

7 Likes

She wasn’t interviewed on the View. They had her on as a guest host. Why? Because Meghan McCain left late last season, so this season they have had several conservative guest hosts. Some are presumably auditioning as a permanent replacement for McCain. Some are just to temporarily fill the seat of the token conservative on the show. While there is a diversity of backgrounds of the other full time hosts, there’s not much diversity of political views. They range from moderate/conservative Democrat (and former Bush Republican) Ana Navarro to decently left of center (but definitely not progressive) Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin. I understand why they want to have a conservative voice. I am at least glad that they are avoiding Trump supporters.

4 Likes

It was this goddamned year.

I think if someone says we should move on they should be asked if Officer Brian Sicknick’s family should move on.

23 Likes

Kitchen table issues?! Lady I haven’t had a kitchen table since I moved out of my dad’s house!

6 Likes

Uhm, NO it sure as fuck is NOT time to move on. Not even close.

6 Likes

Yeah. I kind of feel bad for Powel. I distinctly remember as press conference he was giving, and he pulls up photos of “chemical warfare” truck, and you can just SEE the physical pain it’s giving him to say that, knowing full well anyone with basic CWA knowledge knows that it’s untrue.

“That’s a man lying under orders, who doesn’t like it” face is a thing

2 Likes

Remember how eager she was to move on after 9/11? Yeah, neither do I.

13 Likes

Those who have power and money will always tell the little people to “move on.” So I say just disregard anything she has to say.

14 Likes

Rice might not support Trump, but she is helping him by saying “it’s time to move on”.

13 Likes

Seriously. I’ll happily move on once it’s no longer directly relevant to what’s still going on

8 Likes

Point 1: She hasn’t cried in nearly 20 years. Fill in that bubble on the sociopath bingo card.
Point 2: Can someone please pull up the quote of Rice saying, nine months after 9/11, “It’s time to move on”?

12 Likes

News Flash: we can’t move on, because the new pope of the GOP is still fighting the battle he lost on Jan. 6th. Condoleezza needs to talk to Donald, not the media. And if she wants those who violated the law punished then there needs to be an investigation of those who instigated it, not just those who broke windows and attacked police.

(Sorry, I’m probably repeating stuff that’s been said better further up this thread. I’m just venting.)

11 Likes

I think that’s the line she’s making here. “Law enforcement” is only sweeping up the little guys on the street and slapping their wrists. She’s trying to emphasize that this shouldn’t be addressed as a political issue, and that there should be no political fallout or response. Essentially, “please keep focusing on the symptoms and not the disease” I mean, if law enforcement had the will or the ability to arrest Trump & co for their involvement, fine. But it’s looking like we don’t currently have the tools to deal with this non-politically. Legislative action is needed, and that just happens to be action that would hurt her party long-term.

12 Likes

You never fail to deliver Melz.

7 Likes

FTFY
But yeah, you’re absolutely right, why can’t Donald be best and move on? Cause he’s fighting “for us?”

No, no, she meant, “It was all wrong, they were supposed to go around the back side of the building”
Rice wouldn’t care if they somehow succeeded. “More power to her”

6 Likes

War criminal says what?

7 Likes

Part of the problem is that we are surrounded by assholes.

The only reason I was eager to move on was to get the trauma of the event closed off; the few years after that were bad enough that I took time off from work on that day so I didn’t have to deal with anyone or any of the media surrounding the whole ‘rememberance’ ceremonies/rituals/etc. that insisted on rubbing it in the viewers nose like a dog that’s just shat on the carpet.

5 Likes

I wonder if she’s smart enough to know that the party is just using her and “will never entirely accept her as the equal of a white man”, and – if smart enough – how could she rationalize her own acceptance of her position.

4 Likes

Criminal on bank robbery: It’s time to move on, Your Honor.

5 Likes