'Detrimental to my election success': Trump blames 'LameStream Media' for coronavirus shutdown

Steve Bannon may not be visibly on scene but Trump’s apparent stalwart determination to destroy our systems must surely reflect Bannons profound influence:
"Consider, for example, his statement that “darkness is good,” which he told Michael Wolff of Hollywood Reporter . “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power,” he continued. Or the statement, reported by the Daily Beast , that Bannon views himself as a “Leninist” who wants to ‘bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.’ "

Ever since i read Bannons statements prior to 2016, i can’t stop spotting them in Trump’s words and actions. Devisive, destructive, chaotic, confusing. Are they filled with glee at the current chaos? What a nightmare

7 Likes

THIS! Like I am actually doing this mentally and feeling so bad about I refuse to say it outloud.

This issue for me is that (as folks who know me on the bbs know full well) this means thinking these thoughts about FAMILY. My brother in law an avid Nostrodumbass supporter and lover was the first in our family to be laid off from this nightmare…and HE STILL SUPPORTS HIM. I have a hard time having empathy when people are this thick about reality. I really do love my sister and BiL…but I feel like the only thing that will actually get them to open their eyes is real tragedy at this stage.

Even then I am worried…honestly concerned…it still won’t change their minds.

8 Likes

Also, what about you, Anonymous? Somebody with some sense needs to take the wheel. It’s time for the 25th amendment. Come on.

That’s not an entirely unlikely response if he feels it looks decisive. “We had to nuke New York, for the good of real people, OK? Besides, New York, they’ve all been really nasty to me, to tell the truth.”

4 Likes

my brother & sister are the same. Otherwise kind, intelligent, generous people. Both have physical impairments putting them in covid19 high risk group so theyre isolated at home. . . i can imagine the cognitive disonance they must feel with their President right now. I hafta imagine because we havent talked about politics since 2016. My own family at odds due to this BULLSHIT.

7 Likes

He’d never nuke NY. There’s too many buildings with his name on them. Not ones he owns, or developed obviously. Just ones with his name on them. He’d never have the heart to destroy them. He’s completely heartless after all.

2 Likes

If he could claim five times their value from the $2 trillion aid package the Senate just passed, he’d nuke them in a minute.

13 Likes

Jesus Christ, yes. This comment made me realize I’ve been half-consciously doing exactly that for years now.

1 Like

Is it the “real people” now? I guess “moral majority” is too ambiguous.

Is this a theoretical medical professional, or a real live medical “professional” whose liberal whining might have been broadcast on the biased national media?

1 Like

One of my relatives apparently gets his medical news from zerohedge.

2 Likes

I outed another Trumpanzee at work, someone younger than me, who was suprised to hear 1 man is dead and his wife critical after drinking the “miracle” drug Trump talked about as Fauci facepalmed.

He just didn’t believe me, and went on to say he supports him and most of what he stands for.

No suprise here- he didnt know CDC pandemic team was cut by Trump in 2018.

He had no response when I said America and my freedom and safety are not business models, and I don’t want any of this run like a business. He just kinda nodded.

These people- some of them are just really fucking gullible, but they’re starting to crack. Some are waking up from the koolaide, keep trying. People dying is unfortunately what it’s taking tho.

8 Likes

ezgif.com-resize

3 Likes

16 Likes

Multiple air bursts should clean it right up.

Odds are that there are memos or option papers or maybe even a feasibility study, say by the RAND corporation, on this from the cold war era.
Something along the lines of countermeasures in a biowar scenario.
Might have even found its way into SIOP at one point, who knows.

5 Likes

Let’s face it - under the current system that is his actual job.

6 Likes

Yeah, see ya in church, pal Here’s your Kool-Aid.

2 Likes

Blaming the media is basically the same as blaming reality.

1 Like

Not to mention the word ‘real’ is doing a lot of work there. I am sure it is being interpreted by many as white, Christian, etc.

1 Like