Disoriented Trump wanders off G-20 stage saying "Get me out of here" on hot mic

I have seen people speculating that this is the start of a deliberate attempt by Trump to lay the groundwork for a defence of “Oh, treason, complicity with Russia you say? Sorry, I am senile and demented now and don’t remember anything, I’m going to step down from the Presidency for reasons of ill health and go to Mar a Lago.”

3 Likes

Is he just emotionally cracking, or has he gone soft in the squash?

But that’s the lesson from the Second World War-Cold War era. Propaganda does not need to be well-crafted.

You just need lots of it and sufficient control of the media (in the straightforward sense of ways your propaganda can reach the target population) to get it to enough people in sufficient saturation.

If you have that, then to a certain extent the more blatant your propaganda is the better. It reinforces the divide between your version of the world and your opposition’s.

So what if theirs has objective reality backing them up…

People can either believe them or be part of your group. As long as there are sufficient drivers making people want to be part of your group, the more you isolate them from reality the better. It becomes self-reinforcing.

Any cult works the same way.

8 Likes

Well aware of rules regarding remote diagnosis and flippant attribution of mental derangement, but I am increasingly concerned for his well being, mental and physical. Yes, he is an insufferable asshole, but he is also a human being (allegedly) and watching his rapid decline gives me no pleasure. It also causes me trembling nightmares over where said decline will lead our country before he is finally determined to be incompetant (officially) to hold the office he is currently disgracing.

8 Likes

The same impeachable acts got Pence elected, too.

3 Likes

Arms length though. It won’t be hard to pretend that Pence is an innocent outsider in the WH shenanigans. It may be wrong, but it only has to be plausible.

Of course, the Dems will have to roll over and play dead in the spirit of compromise and ‘moving forward not back’, but they have plenty of experience on that front. At least a few of them will sell out, as they so often have in the past.

All of us will be so disgusted and soiled with this whole mess that everyone will be keen to make a ‘fresh start’ and leave the Trump era behind us.

Of course, there has been/will be irrevocable change to what was once a promising country…

4 Likes

isn’t he linked to that whole Mike Flynn–Eric Prince–Betsy DeVos kind of thing?

4 Likes

Oh clearly he is doing an awesome job at the only hurdle he has left…

…setting up an insanity defense?

4 Likes

Precedent suggests it wouldn’t be easy for Pence to win re-election following impeachment. Gerald Ford didn’t exactly cruise to victory in ‘76, and he wasn’t even implicated in Nixon’s crimes.

9 Likes

I’ve long said just because he doesn’t drink doesn’t mean he’s not on something.

7 Likes

Yup, stable genius.

4 Likes

I have certain watched Trump and wondered if I’m seeing the long term effects of cocaine (mingled with the perpetual effects of being narcissistic asshole, of course)

7 Likes

Cocaine abuse would explain so much

7 Likes

The phentermine rumor always seemed plausible to me

6 Likes

Not only that, he was in charge of the transition team between election day and inauguration day. “I know nothing!” is not going to fly as an excuse.

5 Likes

Submitted for your approval. A brain-dead zombie prez on the move and leaving a sick trail of confusion…

rstz

5 Likes

13 Likes

Too bad it’s not left to the imagination anymore.

4 Likes

You’re getting better.

Once you learn how to utilize different fonts and how to edit out the generator tags, you will have earned your place among the gif-masters.

6 Likes

What a wonderful holiday thought. Thanks a lot for sharing that… Not.

2 Likes