Donald Trump pretty much just went Full Nazi

I have no idea if he ever mentioned interring the Japanese or the Germans or Italians during one of his re-election speeches. The US has a long history of politicians using racism for votes, though. It isn’t like the Nazis held a monopoly on it. And my point still stands that one excluded and interred people, and the other exterminated them.

I also don’t think he was at the mercy of his “senior military officials”. Many people were calling for this, and like Obama with Guantanamo, he can’t afford the back lash if someone he let out/didn’t lock up did something horrible.

But you are right it was all very, “xenophobic, unconstitutional response to a bad situation”.

That is true (Strom Thurmond in particular comes to mind). But considering Trump also just retweeted some fabricated crime statistics that turned out to be actual Neo-Nazi propaganda I don’t think we need bother avoiding the Nazi comparison any more.

21 Likes

My guess is nowhere.

He’s already alienated anyone he could possibly alienate, and the people who’d be impressed by this are the ones who are already voting for him.

My prediction is that any change in the polling numbers will be within the margin of error.

8 Likes

“Dey ain’t proper God-furrin’ Christians, and dey aint’ from ‘roun’ here, heck, dey cain’t e’en speak Eenglitch raht! So howz they spozed be ‘sitty-zens’?” – Donald Trump supporter, probably

There are a lot of people who seem to need an ‘us vs them’ - without a ‘them’ to be vs, their ‘us’ falls apart at the seams real quick.

2 Likes

If he gets the nomination he’ll carry Texas and what not, but all the swing states that matter will vote Democrat. That’s what I’m telling myself at least.

2 Likes

I’ve worked out why Jon Stewart retired. Clearly he saw the future and realised that political satire would be completely redundant by now.

21 Likes

I think the GOP has (finally) been accurately rebranded. Woops, Reagan coalition. You’re fired.

1 Like

In thirty years that “Statement” will appear, in school textbooks, next to pictures of White Only water fountains, Westboro Church protest signs, and Japanese citizens getting sent off to detention camps.

10 Likes

Yeah, exactly. I like this photographer!

Here it is from another angle, to dispel any doubt. But seeing it this way takes all the fun out of it.

(hopefully the baby snakes in the URL will work?)

The really funny part to me is that he gives his speeches standing on a presidential seal. As if, in his own mind, he is already president.

1 Like

So basically, any Muslim-Americans serving in the military wouldn’t be allowed to come back? Sheesh…

9 Likes

Dude previously promised to personally torture the families of terrorism suspects, because they would know, and he knows how to extract knowledge.
At this point, anyone who’s willing to appear on a stage with Trump makes themselves a Nazi collaborator.

15 Likes

It speaks to how incompetent this crowd of Republican candidates is that none have stepped up to point out Trumps numerous real estate dealings with powerful people in the Middle East (who I can assume aren’t Christians), as well as his mysterious ability to get construction projects finished on the East Coast. Could you imagine Richard Nixon passing up the chance to paint an opponent as being in the pocket of the Mob and in cahoots with sheiks to build decadent resorts in the Muslim world?

8 Likes

Also, where’s the original copy of trump’s long-form birth certificate?

8 Likes

Do you now or have you ever hated an American?

2 Likes

12 Likes

Look folks, can we just hold off on the Hitler and FDR comparisons until after Trump has rendered the earth a scorched husk?

7 Likes

Lets surface all this ugliness and deal with it. I’m not a big fan of Islam, but Trump’s rhetoric has me reconsidering what I believe and what I would like to see come to fruition. America remade by Trump would be ugly.

I don’t think Trump can even with the Republican nomination. Trump has popular support but not a lot of fans among delegates.

13 Likes

Thank Patrick the Divine Wombat for free speech that allows Trump to shoot himself in the foot like this.

Nixon built resorts?