E. Jean Carroll accuses Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in the mid-1990s

Impeach Traitor Trump! Impeach RAPIST TRUMP!

The Beatles:

Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in

In their sties with all their backing
They don’t care what goes on around
In their eyes there’s something lacking
What they need’s a damn good whacking

Everywhere there’s lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon

1 Like

I want him to live.

In prison orange.
In prison, watching his empire crumble on television, watching everything he ever built die.
In prison, watching his complicit children go to prison.

Paupered, left with nothing but debt and his empty, impotent rage.

15 Likes

you cant stop, can you?

that “don’t” was of course a sarcastic attempt to avoid stupid and fruitless conversations like this right now and some even more stupid comments like this here, because that happens every.fucking.time. and its been answered countless times

and if you had bothered at all to actually read the NYM piece, you would have your question answered right there from herself

Why haven’t I “come forward” before now?

Receiving death threats, being driven from my home, being dismissed, being dragged through the mud, and joining the 15 women who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them, never sounded like much fun. Also, I am a coward.

26 Likes

Um… thanks, but no.

How plausible that this would “make him look bad” versus his recorded confession to routine sexual assualt a month before the 2016 election. People who don’t think he looks bad don’t even believe his testimony about his rapistry. Or perhaps they do believe, which tells you something very special about them.

6 Likes

Oh, I would love to see him prosecuted, convicted and incarcerated, but I will accept his death by natural causes if it means he won’t be doing any more damage to the rest of the planet. And it seems the religious nutcase Pence may be the lesser of two evils after all.

Right now, I just hope that this woman is more helped than harmed. Helped in the sense of being better off, not in the narrower sense of “we should help her”. Because we all know she will now be attacked, vilified, and people will now try to hurt her for this lèse-majesté. How dare she claim that Biff is anything but the upstanding canny leader that made Hill Valley so great?

5 Likes

Give my cat back.

Yes, the power imbalance would be striking.

1 Like

The audacity of men:

11 Likes

Unicorn chaser

25 Likes

Moi8Rpr

19 Likes

12 Likes

… In prison would be infinitely preferable, after a very long stint.

Each and every survivor of this horror must come forward, be believed and this excretion prosecuted and punished to the full extent of the law.
The press are choosing to run this story now.
Is it helpful to ask cui bono?
Throughout the 2016 campaign such accusations proved very useful to the Republican cause.
Trumpistas need to know he’s a monster.
Extra points if the victim is a known undesirable, a Democrat, or a liberal or a feminist.
In this context “why now” is a valid question.
A cynic would expect another victim to be “found” each time the press fear everyone is becoming bored with the last one.
And each time it will have the desired effect, the howls or liberal outrage cleaving more deplorables to the Republican fasces.

And being a Black woman, she may be hesitant to call the police, because it could go very badly for one or both of them. For anyone wondering why she didn’t call the police.

12 Likes
  1. Because even when we do finally make our choice to come forward, more assholes are going to use my act to take agency away from any other victims who aren’t ready for that, demanding that they perform against their will.

Guess what guys. When you say “she should have come forward earlier” and “they must come forward?” That first sounds an awful lot like “well she should have fought back” or “she shouldn’t have been drunk”. As for the second statement… Wow. Responding to a person who was forced into something traumatic (yes, sexual assault is traumatic, don’t even try to “but…”) against their will by demanding they do more trauma-inducing things against their will and on your timelines… I shouldn’t have to say what that sounds like.

Oh, and by the way, these are all valid reasons for anyone not wanting to come forward. I have been saying “women” because this victim is a woman, and statistically women are usually the victims. But if they’re not a woman, there are even more reasons, including the fact that there’s even less support (I know… hardly seems possible) if you’re not a cis-woman. Which means that the statistics may be even more screwed up by underreporting in those areas. Don’t ask the victims to fix that. The only way to fix that is to stop making the process a trauma conga-line. Or maybe… Just maybe… We (as a whole society, don’t #notall me) should start respecting people’s autonomy and not assault them in the first place.

28 Likes

“I don’t even rob bitches who be drunk!”

Gee, what a fucking gentleman; right down to the moment he threatens to snatch and smash her phone, because she’s wisely documenting his harassment.

Scary shit, but also being a woman of color, I fully understand why she didn’t “just dial 911.”

20 Likes

And right there I have my white privilege because I’d be able to call the police with no fear for my own safety. But she may also be worried for HIS safety (the asshole), because of a possible over-reaction by the police. But you know that too, better than I would. So she has to juggle all those concerns, while trying to stay safe, and all she wanted was to go leave the house for some normal thing, like shopping or going to work.

13 Likes

You know damn well @Tamsin_Bailey and the other people engaging you are sympathetic to all victims of sexual abuse, and mischaracterizing what they’re saying is engaging in bad faith. It’s not clever, it’s transparent as vacuum.

Here. I hope you and everyone else read it. I’m glad I did, difficult though it was despite being well written.

17 Likes