Elections 2021 and 2022

i have to do my job? this is tyranny!

i mean, i guess i could resign… but what’s the point of power if you can’t use it against your friends and neighbors!?

/s

12 Likes

Unfortunately? As @Otherbrother mentioned, disenfranchising any voters, even GQP fuckwits, is wrong. Our democracy is in enough trouble without votes getting tossed because some jerks aren’t happy with the results. Even if it was not Hobbs’ literal duty to sue, it was the right thing. No one’s vote should get tossed. Yeah, this time disenfranchising will temporarily benefit some Democrats. But long term this is terrible for everyone, especially those of us trying to hold on to democracy

17 Likes
5 Likes

TFM

20 Likes

This is exactly what the founders intended, you idiot.

12 Likes
10 Likes

high quality GIF

By the time the United States Constitution came into effect on March 9, 1789,[11] a small number of free Blacks were among the voting citizens (men of property) in some states.[12] The Constitution did not originally define who was eligible to vote, allowing each state to determine who was eligible. In the early history of the U.S., some states[which?] allowed only white male adult property owners to vote, while others[which?] either did not specify race, or specifically protected the rights of men of any race to vote.[13][14] Women were largely prohibited from voting, as were men without property.[15] Women could vote in New Jersey until 1807 (provided they could meet the property requirement) and in some local jurisdictions in other northern states. Free Blacks could also vote in these jurisdictions[which?], provided they could meet the property requirement. In New Jersey particularly, these property requirements were purposely set quite low.[16]

No offense to you, @anon52120741. Only pointing out the hypocrisy in our conduct goes waaay back.

10 Likes

Well, you are not wrong about how our voting laws and treatment of disadvantaged classes have always sucked. I was meaning more that even at the start of our great experiment you would go to prison if you violated those laws. It’s basically why we have them!

12 Likes

10 Likes

He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed

8 Likes

After my knee jerk reaction, I have to agree, however frustrating it is. It would have been nice if the self-disenfranchisement happened automatically and there was nothing the SoS could do. It’s also too bad that Hobbs doing her job to protect all citizens, even those of the other party, will be entirely lost on Cochise County Republicans who are indoctrinated into blind tribalism.

5 Likes

Kari Lake be “installed” as Arizona governor

It’s the job of the installing technician to assess the equipment for damage or defect. In this case, Kari Lake is being sent back to the factory for both.

12 Likes
10 Likes

your link reminded me of this from earlier in the year:

8 Likes

Designed for failure.

Keep it up!

9 Likes

Oh, wow. This should be entertaining.

9 Likes

Went to vote this after noon - was there for about 50 minutes. This was an off-year election year, and a run-off… and the place was packed!

18 Likes

Bodes ill for the red guys. Hate to see it, just hate it…

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

9 Likes

An outcome of the election…

10 Likes

U.S. gas prices fall to pre–Ukraine invasion election season levels, Dow jumps back up into bull market

Fixed that for you.

14 Likes