Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

@docosc and @DukeTrout, mead seems more appropriate than Coke:

Ale Eivor GIF by Assassin's Creed

9 Likes

Biden just called out TFG and MGT by name for telling dangerous, un-American, and stupid lies about the hurricane. Thank you, Joe.

21 Likes

In 2020, President Biden won the crucial swing state of Michigan by 154,000 votes. With an estimated 220,000 voters who identify as either MENA or Muslim in Michigan, Dearborn serves as a useful proxy for thinking about the anger and frustration many feel about Biden’s policies in the Middle East. The White House becomes much more difficult without the support of Mayor Hammoud’s city.

The Harris campaign has done little to win back the support of Hammoud or his constituents. The initial wave to get Biden off the ticket started in Dearborn in February. Mayor Hammoud penned an op-ed in the New York Times throwing his support behind the Uncommitted campaign over the Biden administration’s unwavering support for Israel.

In that letter, Hammoud said that he and his neighbors felt betrayed. Months have passed, and President Biden is no longer on the ticket. Mayor Hammoud spoke with Mother Jones about whether that feeling has shifted, his advice to the White House, and the problem with thinking of people in Dearborn as simply pawns in the 2024 election.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

10 Likes

He’s saying the media sane-washed HER answers to make HER look more presidential and coherent?! “Projection” seems too understated a word to describe it. This level of projection could display movies on the surface of the moon. The only way it could be more transparent and shameless is if he started calling Harris a bloated orange fascist convicted felon.

12 Likes

So far it sounds like the rally is delayed; the streamer is raiding ara-kara and having some connection issues with wow.

Chat is currently discussing what character classes the candidates might play.

here’s kamala’s recording. I never saw Walz on the streamers stream, so I’m not sure what the collab was suppose to be/do. jump to 17 min for the rally.
Twitch

3 Likes

He claims Harris was providing repetitive and incoherent answers by writing a lengthy run-on sentence that is itself repetitive and incoherent*. Weird flex but ok.

It’s always projection with this fucking guy.

* - I counted 68 words, 10 commas, 3 uses of “scare quotes”, and one parenthetical in that first sentence alone.

10 Likes

9 Oct 2024, at yougov.com ( a polling / surveying service):

Yes, I know polls are a lagging indicator.
Yes, I know no polls are perfect.
Yes, I am one of the people participating in the YouGov surveys.
No, I am not going to kick back and relax.
Yes, here’s where I plug VoteSaveAmerica.org and it’s configurable to your own districts and precincts with the “Build Your Own Ballot” function, and lets you see who is down-ballot and inside your area of voting responsibility.
Yes, it’s nonpartisan, even if it is part of Crooked Media.

/end of full disclosure

Many thanks to @KathyPartdeux for posting the NYT poll (see also here if you are not able to see the one at the NYT’s site).

14 Likes

Flood the polls, really, flood?

12 Likes

“Stop communism”, what fucking year is this?!?

NW GA, please vote for an adult on or before 11/5. Your current “representative” is pulling down 174 large each year on your dime. And for what? All the negative attention a vacuous over-grown “mean girl” can attract? Is that what you send elected officials to the nation’s capital to do?

17 Likes

I’d call it “McCarthyism, except with morons” but frankly it wasn’t really any less stupid the first time around.

14 Likes

A U.S. Representative should know that the Constitution prohibits electing anyone three times to the presidency.

12 Likes

This is why I won’t vote in person, I do not want to encounter these idiots in person.

This was at my local gas station early this morning.

15 Likes
10 Likes

The practice of air gapping is typically reserved for the most sensitive networks or devices connected to them, such as those used in systems for voting, industrial control, manufacturing, and power generation.

ESET has also been unable to definitively identify the country, but it did find one hint that the threat group may have a tie to Turla, a potent hacking group working on behalf of Russia’s FSB intelligence agency. The tie comes in the form of command-and-control protocol in GoldenHowl referred to as transport_http. The same expression is found in malware known to originate with Turla.

Great. Just what we need. FUUUUUUCK!!!

11 Likes

Wait, the Democrats as the party of the working class? What a novel idea!

7 Likes

I genuinely read that as

OPEN TRUMP BORDERS, THE TREASON BlTCH.

10 Likes

VOTE FOR AMERICA OR VOTE FOR TRUMP

(Yes, Discourse, it is a complete sentence.)

10 Likes

13 Likes

I kinda feel bad for the folks who own the M29 Diner if they aren’t MAGA folks. (Google streetview doesn’t show any crazy signage on their property, at least.) They probably didn’t ask to be associated with this nut. But I guess that’s the risk you run when you hand out bumper stickers advertising your business.

5 Likes

Someone needs to slap a comma after TRUMP and before THE.

5 Likes