Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

16 Likes

So this is how he thinks he can deport everyone.

We are now known, all throughout the world, as OCCUPIED AMERICA…But to everyone here in Colorado and all across our nation, I make you this vow: November 5th, 2024 will be LIBERATION DAY in America. I will rescue Aurora and every town that has been invaded and conquered—and we will put these vicious and bloodthirsty criminals in jail or kick them the hell OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.

In honor of Jocelyn Nungaray, Laken Riley, Rachel Morin, and all of the others that are dead and mortally wounded at the hands of migrants who should never have been allowed into our Country, I am announcing today that upon taking office, we will have an OPERATION AURORA at the Federal Level. To expedite removals of this savage gang, I will invoke the Alien Enemies Act of 1798 to target and dismantle every migrant criminal network operating on American Soil.

No person who has inflicted the violence and terror that Kamala Harris has inflicted on this community can EVER be allowed to become POTUS!

12 Likes

Some people are twisting the “only 75% of Black men under 50 are planning to vote for Harris instead of Trump” stat to mean that the Democrats have lost the Black vote, but that’s a bit disingenuous. There are hardly any demographics that skew that hard for one party over the other.

For example, the Evangelical Christian vote is the GOP’s most reliable constituency and their party affiliation splits approximately 56% Republican to 28% Democratic.

10 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/10/11/walz-rural-america-minnesota-00182749

The strategy, said John Anzalone, a veteran pollster and Harris adviser, is simple: “If you can do a couple points better, five points better, in those rural areas, and you multiply that by all the rural areas in those states, it’s a big deal.” Small margins tallied county-by-county can lead to a state-wide win. And Walz, he said, “is the first nominee in modern history, maybe since [Jimmy] Carter, who can talk small town America, rural America.”

12 Likes

Milley spoke to Woodward for his previous reporting. Woodward now reports the former general as saying: “He is the most dangerous person ever. I had suspicions when I talked to you about his mental decline and so forth, but now I realize he’s a total fascist. He is now the most dangerous person to this country.

“A fascist to the core.”

13 Likes

So TIL that is still a thing. I remember a similar ad in TX in the run up to the '92 election (whoever it was, wasn’t running for POTUS). They used to do this with billboards, as well. Evidently I’m fortunate because I had not encountered this since some time before I left TX, & that was 22 years ago.

5 Likes

Understood. His talk re “couch-sitters” is one part of a 46-minute speech (extemporaneous?), one that covered some good ground. Evidently, this rally was an unannounced event, sort of ad hoc, so I suppose it’s possible that the Harris campaign looked at the latest poll numbers and asked Obama to do what he does so well and thereby help to close areas of concern in what may be a tighter than anticipated contest next month.

Here’s the entire speech:

9 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes

I don’t think that antimissile capabilities are what’s needed to protect Trump or any other politician against nutjob Americans armed with easily-attainable assault rifles, but whatever.

Now if the request is denied he’s going to claim that as further proof Biden and Harris are trying to have him killed. :frowning:

9 Likes

But how can he trust that Dark Brandon won’t send a tornado to take down his government plane?

15 Likes
13 Likes

About the military: Suckers and loser.
Later: Make them protect me.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Hear me out here, let’s give him a cybertruck and have Steven Segal shipped over from Russia to be his bodyguard. :popcorn:

11 Likes

17 Likes

11 Likes

Even knowing rather well that all national opinion polling is shite, i too am yoyo
-sigh-

(toon credit to David Horsey/Seattle Times)

16 Likes

Still - I’d prefer that she was leading in the polls than behind in them.

Especially in the swing states.

11 Likes

Okay Don.

“If they had an honest election in California, I think I’d win it in a landslide. I really do,” the former president said on “The John Kobylt Show,” a Southern California talk radio show, while complaining about the state’s mail-in voting procedures.

And this…

From the very beginning of this journey, I have been on a mission to rescue our nation from a failed and corrupt political establishment.

I will NEVER QUIT, I will NEVER BEND, I will NEVER BREAK, and I will NEVER YIELD, not even in the face of death itself!

9 Likes