Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

It’s really something to be three weeks away from what could very much be one of the most intense inflection points in my life — a moment which will decide whether i have any rights at all come the end of January — and be expected to function like a normal person.

I’ve been awake at 4am more this past month than any point in the past 3 years. Vacillating between huge bursts of energy where i can’t sit still to save my life to days where i have to put my head down on my desk after every meeting. I feel like a sweater being slowly unraveled by an anxious child.

I Can Relate Me Too GIF by Your Happy Workplace

25 Likes

I’m so sorry…

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

18 Likes

So we all heard (and heard and…) that trump/vance did a rally at Coachella (mostly because it’s perceived as a liberal/old-hippy site). And they managed to populate the bleachers right in front of the camera with some of the usual trump groupies, likely from far away and… they stranded them there when the promised buses didn’t show [strange ‘threadreader’ link]

It’s 10:22pm. Rally ended at 7pm. Thousands of people still stranded here waiting for transit back to the parking lots. Something has gone horribly wrong. Someone needs to ask the Coachella mayor if he had anything to do with this. Parking lot is a 2 hour walk. Countless elderly stranded here and can’t walk anymore. No restroom facilities accessible …

also DailyKos: THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN DOES IT AGAIN. STRANDED CULT MEMBERS IN THE DESERT.

despite all this, the polls and all the media assure us, it remains: neck and neck!!!

13 Likes

My wife reports a comment from elsewhere on this event:

He’s done it. He’s figured out a way to stop them leaving during the event.

16 Likes

He’s claiming 100,000, he threatened withholding wildfire aid, and he casually mentions the man that was killed at his rally.

12 Likes

Two wackadoodles wackadoodling together.

He says it may been necessary to invoke the national guard and military to handle the radical left from the inside.

Sounds like he’s talking about election workers.

10 Likes

I’m unsure how he plans to call the national guard out when he’s not president? I have not watched the clip, because… ugh. But does he imagine that friendly governors will do so on his behalf in their states? Like… how does this whole scenario even work?!?

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

12 Likes

He must be very unlikeable.

13 Likes

Are we sure they’re not just all time-travellers?

(Obersalzberg)

15 Likes

Practice makes perfect.

10 Likes

If he really has nothing to do with Project 2025 you’d think he’d distance himself frome the authors.

Nope.

14 Likes

Looks like the Feds don’t think it was an actual assassination attempt; the guy’s already been released on bail.

Probably a MAGA nutjub who thought he’d lend a hand protecting TFG.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Whoever he is and whatever his motives, they’ve already let him go for now. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

I can’t find the source right now, but I read an article earlier that indicated that it was a trump supporting sheriff who made the claim regarding the motives of vem Miller. He had no evidence, it was just something he pulled out of his ass.

ETA

At an afternoon news conference on Sunday, Bianco bristled when a reporter suggested the sheriff’s statement that Miller planned to kill Trump was “dramatic.”

Said Bianco: “If you are asking me right now, I probably did have deputies that prevented the third assassination attempt. If we are that politically lost that we have lost sight of common sense and reality and reason that we can’t say ‘Holy crap, why’d he show up with all that stuff for and loaded guns?’ and I am going to be accused of being dramatic? We have a serious, serious problem in this country. Because this is common sense and reason.”

Another article with more stamens from the sheriff:

https://ktla.com/news/california/man-arrested-outside-of-trumps-southern-california-rally-illegally-possessed-multiple-guns-authorities-say/

At the news conference on Sunday, Bianco spoke in less clear terms about what he believed Miller’s intent to be. He told reporters that he “didn’t remember” calling the incident a possible assassination attempt to the SCNG, but admitted that it was something that he “would say.”

Some information about the sheriff:

11 Likes

Oh man, in any other context he would be so right!

6 Likes

By necessity.

5 Likes
13 Likes

He’s not cognitively declining, she’s cognitively declining.

I believe it is very important that Kamala Harris pass a test on Cognitive Stamina and Agility. Her actions have led many to believe that there could be something very wrong with her. Even 60 Minutes and CBS, in order to protect Lyin’ Kamala, illegally and unscrupulously replaced an answer she had given, which was totally “bonkers,” with another answer that had nothing to do with the question asked. Also, she is slow and lethargic in answering even the easiest of questions. We just went through almost four years of that, we shouldn’t have to do it again!

11 Likes

13 Likes