Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

His quote didn’t quite come through right, so I returned it to it’s original state.

6 Likes

Quite possibly. But hey, if Hutchinson actually wants to turn GOP into a party that stands for more than appealing to people’s worst instincts all the time, that’s good, and I wish him all the success.

6 Likes

That’s a triumph of hope over experience.

10 Likes

Well, yeah, I don’t expect him to have much success, even if he’s actually sincere. But we can always hope. And if he can help make the GOP primaries into a big acrimonious mess, that would already be something!

5 Likes

I guess he’s one of those trying to “rescue” the GOP and bring it back to more coded dog-whistling hatred of the Reagan era… or even the “compassionate conservativism” of the Bush 2 era… They just like their hate to seem a bit more respectable. The problem really isn’t the policies of the Trump/MAGA movement, just their openly hateful rhetoric. They can pretend they’re not the fascists they actually are, if they have some nice language to dress up their hate.

The whole party is rotten…

7 Likes

And he won’t win anything in the GOP, because the smart ones know that a slow slide into demographic irrelevancy is not in their best interest. Full on fascist authoritarianism is their only play now. It was really inevitable as soon as they took the path of the Southern Strategy.

8 Likes

I don’t know… maybe.

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

7 Likes

Florida is leaking assholes.

10 Likes

you may be on to something.
i quite fancy that as the new state motto.

11 Likes

Depends.

5 Likes

Good luck to him! :roll_eyes:

Kaine is very popular here. I’ll be relocated to Delaware by the time that election rolls around, though.

10 Likes

The Uihlein assholes.

6 Likes

It strikes me that there are two ways to read that: with “leaking” as a verb or an adjective. Either way seems accurate.

10 Likes

I had political olestra in mind. Polestra?

8 Likes

exactly what i had in mind when i said make that the state motto.
“sunshine state” has lost the shine. now this state has its problems where the sun don’t shine.

11 Likes

Gotta lay off the Olestra!

Damn! Ninja’d by you!

Coca Cola Soda GIF by Diet Coke

8 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

DeSantis opposition research

6 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes