Elections 2023 and 2024

Another GOP effort to undermine voter registration and promote misinformation, conveniently timed for this election cycle:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

Hang on tight, this will be rocky…

13 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

CNN owes you an apology today,” Bannon told Leavitt. “And if we don’t get that apology to Karoline Leavitt, and to the Trump campaign today, and to MAGA, President Trump should cancel this [debate].”

This is where i suspect we wind up. He tries to provoke, or invent, some outrage and flounces in a huff, of course claiming victory all the way. But i guess we shall see.

8 Likes

I’m in the NY television market, and Bowman’s loss doesn’t surprise me. His opponent has been running tons of ads for weeks now painting Bowman as incompetent, a friend of cop killers, and just about any other awful thing you can think of, and each ad always included a clip of him pulling that fire alarm. I saw one ad for Bowman, and that ran yesterday. There was a lot of money, and a lot of old guard Democratic muscle behind Latimer.

11 Likes

Apparently- tons of AIPAC money. Which was used to attack him in issues unrelated to the war.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/09/aipac-republican-donors-democratic-primaries-00162404#:~:text=“We%2520are%2520committed%2520to%2520a,to%2520bipartisan%2520support%2520for%2520Israel.”

“ AIPAC sees support for Israel as bipartisan, and its donors come from both parties. But its practice of sending money from GOP donors into Democratic races has enraged progressives.”

11 Likes

Yeah, the big one I saw was something about him putting a “cop killer” on the wall of the school he was a principal of or something. I don’t know all the details, but he was putting pictures of important civil rights figures on a wall in the school, and one of them was Assata Shakur. I don’t know much about her, and her murder conviction happened when I was 8 and living in Texas, so I don’t know anything about the whole situation, but according to Wikipedia, there are a lot of questions about her conviction. It seems like she got railroaded. She also later escaped and has never been found. But yeah, AIPAC was hammering that in their ads. Constantly. They all but called Bowman himself a cop killer.

9 Likes

Yeah, she did. This was absolutely common for Black Panther connected figures. Not all of them got convicted, but many did.

8 Likes

So I know that the media and voters have limited bandwidth, especially with the presidential election heating up and Trump’s tendency to suck up all the attention (not to mention a couple of nasty wars going on) but I was just thinking about how remarkable it is that the ongoing trial of Senator Menendez for massive corruption and acting as a foreign agent has hardly penetrated the news at all lately. It’s been weeks since I heard anything about it on the radio, and I didn’t see anything online unless I specifically searched for stories. Maybe reporting is a bit different over on the East coast? Or is this being ignored everywhere?

8 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

6 Likes