Elections 2023 and 2024

He did seem to enjoy being Veep…

12 Likes

Has anyone been a VP for two different presidents before? Will check later when I have more bars.

10 Likes

I don’t believe so, but here is the list…

I do know how the last VP with a full beard was tho…

10 Likes

Per that Wikipedia list, George Clinton (not that one) served as VP under both Jefferson and Madison, and John C. Calhoun (ugh) served as VP under both John Q Adams and Andrew Jackson. I think both were back in the days when the VP, although elected separately unlike pre-1800, was often nominated separately from the President rather than running on a ticket with the President. I could be wrong, though. But I’m pretty sure back then, the VP wasn’t always the choice of the President, but of the nominating convention.

14 Likes

Thanks Thank You GIF by Sound FX

9 Likes

Well Yes But Actually No GIF by walter_

There’s the pedantic rules of “competition” and what’s generally considered close enough.

And apparently, some people have no sense of humor that is detectable by modern equipment. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

By the way, if anyone is really, really into the history of Vice Presidents, and if you have two hours to spare, this is probably a really good video. I fail both of those qualifiers right now, so I haven’t ever watched this. But I like the channel, so I’d bet it’s a decent video.

7 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

But (not that one) is pretty awesome!
george clinton 70s GIF

10 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

from

20 Likes

Another good one from Michael Harriot:

16 Likes

a friend sent me this, and assures me it’s a real yard sign :joy_cat:

10 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

How do these unpopular assholes keep getting elected to public office? Ted Cruz, Vance, etc… No one likes them, yet they keep ending up in Congress!

15 Likes

Because they have convinced their people that the only alternative is a Demon-crat? I have seen people with a straight face claim that voting for a Democrat will send you straight to Hell. If they buy that shit, it’s pretty obvious. Asshole vs eternal damnation, guess we’ll take the asshole. Why else would they want to eliminate critical thinking skills?

19 Likes
11 Likes

I’m blocked by cloudflare from accessing thegrio.com again, so in case I’m not alone:

Kamala Harris, the real MAGA candidate

5 Likes

It’s not generating a preview but here’s the gist of it…

Nearly 40K new voters registered in 48 hours after Biden’s exit

Of the new voter registrations, 83 percent were from people aged 18-34, according to the voting registration nonprofit group.

Vote.org also said the new voter registration numbers top last September, when Taylor Swift urged her followers to register, which resulted in 34,000 new voters in a 48-hour period.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4790269-harris-voter-registration/

13 Likes