Elections 2023 and 2024

It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that Trump is literally hallucinating his political enemies mocking him from the audience now.

18 Likes

[Marcelo Soares: “Exactly. www.nytimes.com/2024/07/26/o…” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/26/opinion/veep-selina-meyer-kamala-harris.html

22 Likes

I think it’s more likely that he saw a woman in a hijab, or even just a woman wearing a head scarf, and “they all look the same” to him, so he just decided it was Ilhan Omar.

15 Likes

The hawk tuah thing is a fun little viral meme thing that belongs on Stern or late night comedy shows.

But to use it like this, and then for this ahole to double down is uncalled for.

And what’s up with trump and kennedy embracing bitcoin? I thought digital anything was the mark of the devil.

8 Likes

More examples of how dangerous it would be for Trump to take the reins again:

14 Likes

21 Likes

I don’t know about Kennedy, but Trump is a grifter and Bitcoin is a grift. Plus, he’s getting techbro money from Musk and Thiel and probably a few others, so…

17 Likes

■■■■■ has had his own crypto grift for few years now

( ^ eta: dec 2022 )

and i’m sure there are plenty of actual billionaires helping to keep it propped up so he feels happy

10 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

He’s going for the US vice presidency, not the European Song Contest.

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe the results are anywhere near honest.

6 Likes
10 Likes

I suppose that “Elon Musk shares fake Kamala Harris campaign video” would be too clear and comprehensible for AP.

9 Likes

Calm down, calm down. Let’s not jump to conclusions. I don’t believe that a person with so much money and power could do something so irresponsible deliberately. Maybe it’s like that guy on the couch, just sarcasm…

10 Likes

You need to be clear that you’re being sarcastic, because Musk’s defenders will argue that it’s perfectly all right because the person who originally made the video said that it was a parody.

The original user who posted the video, a YouTuber known as Mr Reagan, has disclosed both on YouTube and on X that the manipulated video is a parody. But Musk’s post, which has been viewed more than 123 million times, according to the platform, only includes the caption “This is amazing” with a laughing emoji.

6 Likes

10 Likes

And coming up fast on the outside, it’s Tim Walz!!

11 Likes

I’m not sure why it has to be another old white guy, but Hassan certainly makes a strong case why Shapiro cannot be Harris’ pick.

I do like the idea of someone more progressive than Harris has been in the past, but I’m annoyed that pundits aren’t taking Stacy Abrams seriously as a VP pick. What is more important and relevant when running against a wanna-be dictator than the country’s most recognized advocate of voting rights?

13 Likes

It of course doesn’t have to be, but (also of course) conventional wisdom says that it should be. How else you gonna calm nervous white swing-staters who feel the radically new concept of a black women as president needs to be “balanced out” by bland familiarity? :weary:

12 Likes