Elections 2023 and 2024

Hey, us white guys had 250 years of running the place, and look where it got us. Time to give other folks a turn at the wheel.

23 Likes
13 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF

But thatā€™d be TWO Black women! What about the poor, put-upon white men!!! /s

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

14 Likes

I donā€™t know how it will turn out but Iā€™m sure the US wonā€™t become someoneā€™s personal 7th bankruptcy or potentially the 8th.

1 Like

[ETA]

10 Likes

13 Likes
10 Likes

They clearly donā€™t even believe the things they think they believe when they say stuff like this:

ā€œLetā€™s give votes to all children in this country, but letā€™s give control over those votes to the parents of those children. When you go to the polls in this country as a parent, you should have more power ā€“ you should have more of an ability to speak your voice in our democratic republic ā€“ than people who donā€™t have kids. Letā€™s face the consequences and the reality: If you donā€™t have as much of an investment in the future of this country, maybe you shouldnā€™t get nearly the same voice.ā€

Just imagine how Republicans would react if every single mother in America suddenly had at least twice as much power at the ballot box as any given bachelor. The self-described ā€œincelsā€ that make up a nontrivial portion of todayā€™s conservative movement think they are terribly oppressed victims as it is.

15 Likes

Yeah, but of course that is not how that would happenā€¦ they say ā€œthe parentsā€ but they obviously mean the man of the house (father/husband).

As for the incels, if all this gets through, all they have to do is pretend to be not an asshole for long enough to get married (and there will be a tremendous amount of pressure on women, especially teen girls and young women to marry), then they get to do whatever they want with their ā€œpropertyā€ who will no longer have access to a no fault divorceā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

Itā€™s just a full throated call for strengthening the patriarchy.

16 Likes

Most of those clowns canā€™t pretend long enough to get a second date. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Well thatā€™s what PUA influencers are for! /s :rage:

Sadly, I think some are, and in this kind of harsh patriarchy thatā€™s being proposed, women will have far less choices, and far more pressure to conform. Violence will be further normalized and employed, up to and including rape, to get that to happen.

handmaids tale aunt lydia GIF by HULU

8 Likes

Only four hundred twenty three people?

ETA:
Okay 522, more than half an hour later.

Full disclosure:

I didnā€™t bother to click on the video link; I wasnā€™t about to add to that miniscule number, nor do I wish to contaminate my algorithm.

Low interest candidate, much?

12 Likes

(apologies for the x link)

And if the material is being provided, it is being weaponized back at them -

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen on X: ā€œOh my God this new Democratic ad by @wontpacdown is perfect. MAGA is VERY upset that normal Americans are calling them out for being weird. https://t.co/0f48gomjKzā€ / X

3 Likes

Itā€™s bearing false witness, either way (even in Cecil B. DeMilleā€™s version).

2 Likes

See also:

(Update: the WaPo shitcanned Date Lab, but more recently shitcanned the entire Sunday Magazine)

1 Like

Especially compared to Harrisā€™ recent Zoom call turnoutā€¦

14 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly the comparison I was thinking of.

My sorority sisters on the east coast sent out a group text about the first Zoom call as soon as it was announced; and still only a few of us were actually able to get into the meeting, it was so jam packed.

(Iā€™d never heard of Zoom increasing itsā€™ capacity before.)

15 Likes

Also, that channel is out of Indiaā€¦

And carries some CNN coverage, but the local stuff is by the Indian broadcasterā€¦ I have no idea how reliable it isā€¦

7 Likes

Odd; it was just in my results when I searched for John Oliver talking about the Sofa Ding-a-Lingā€¦ not realizing Iā€™d already seen that episode.

:thinking:

A different countryā€™s broadcast would explain the low viewer numbers, thoughā€¦

7 Likes

23 Likes