Elections 2023 and 2024

Oh, come on: who was the band?

14 Likes

Any rock can be strong. And a rock made of plaster can look strong. But sharing your strength with those around you is a choice, and says much more about you as a person.

14 Likes

Iā€™m hoping to hear: Right, Who was the band.

14 Likes

Our daughter is at the communist rally in Detroit, the organizers are going through the crowd making sure everyone has water and there are free snacks everywhere.

16 Likes

This seems like a very Foo Fighters mood but Iā€™m sure there are other similarly compassionate performers.

11 Likes

Every single person who voted for the Biden/Harris ticket implicitly endorsed the idea that Harris would make an acceptable choice if Biden had to step down for some reason.

But hey, if MTG is worried that this gives the Dems an unfair advantage in some way she could always lobby her own party to drop Trump in Lieu of Vance.

21 Likes
4 Likes

Laugh Out Loud Laughing GIF by Aurora Consulting

14 Likes

Itā€™s good MTG is expressing her Concern over how Dems run their nominating and convention process.

Maybe she skipped civics class when it was explained how in the US we donā€™t directly elect the President (hence our Electoral College nonsense) and that political parties can essentially appoint anybody they want. (Maybe she should read about Tammany Hall if she really wants to learn about corruption and backroom shenanigans within the Democratic Party.)

Perhaps she was daydreaming on the day it was explained that the Founders were against partisan politics which is why the Consitution has no mention of political parties (let alone any guidelines for the nomination process).

Maybe she was asleep in American History class during the lesson about how in 1968 Hubert Humphrey was nominated despite not getting a single vote in the presidential primary. Maybe she didnā€™t realize that Lyndon Johnson refused to run for a second term? I guess in her mind he should have been forced to run against Nixon?

Biden made a choice not to run for a second term. The timing is unfortunate because this happened after the primaries, but the DNC has rules and contingencies for this kind of thing.

Her Concern is noted, though.

18 Likes

I have no better place to post this, put this came up on my playlist during work (thanks @Mindysan33 and @Melizmatic), and I instantly thought of Harris and her campaign:

13 Likes

troll GIF

13 Likes

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news/local-man-files-lawsuit-to-get-harris-off-ohio-ballot/

12 Likes
15 Likes

Thiel and Vance etc. kinda invalidate that quote by John Rogers.

6 Likes

Right-wing LOTRs fans are likeā€¦

18 Likes

That, and itā€™s as though theyā€™d simply put someoneā€™s in-law in chargeā€¦

3 Likes

Hereā€™s some crazy off-the-wall worth every pfennig you paid for it wild conjecturizing
(naaahā€¦ just probably has some breaking news about electric sharks being organized as windmills by the opposition)

Is Trump Quitting?

Thursday, August 08, 2024 at 8:45:45a PDT

Image ref 87105562. Copyright Shutterstock No reproduction without permission. See www.shutterstock.com/license for more information.

Attribution: Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Well, this may turn out to be embarrassingly wrong, but Trump has suddenly scheduled a press conference at Mar-A-Lago for 2:00 p.m. this afternoon. Could he be throwing in the towel? ā€¦

8 Likes

IMG_5286

11 Likes
3 Likes

Could he be throwing in the towel

That possibility has indeed occurred to me. I mean, I doubt it, because heā€™s got a lot at stake and he HATES giving up as much as he hates the humiliation of losing. But then, considering the increasing likelihood of the latterā€¦

Kinda GIF

10 Likes