Elections 2023 and 2024

13 Likes

The September 10 debate is back on, so it looks like Trump’s fear of missing out on an opportunity to be seen on TV finally won out over his fear of being humiliated by Harris.

Former president Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris have agreed to a Sept. 10 debate on ABC, the network said Thursday. The announcement followed a Trump news conference in Palm Beach, Fla., during which he proposed three debates with Harris. Trump had previously agreed to debate President Joe Biden on Sept. 10 but pulled out after Biden withdrew from the Democratic ticket.

In a normal campaign simply agreeing to a debate would just be an expected part of the election cycle, but Trump managed to turn it into something that makes him look weak by threatening to pull out and then caving in once it was clear no one else was going to agree to his new terms. Sad!

16 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

As I said in the thread about his stupid-ass presser, he blinked. After declaring that he’d not show up, he’s gonna show up to debate her. He backed down.

17 Likes

Yet another reason the Tom Petty estate was right to issue a Cease & Desist to prevent the Trump campaign from using his song.

16 Likes

19 Likes

27 Likes

FYI… old school folk… The tune is the same as…

15 Likes
15 Likes
23 Likes

Can verify. Even after Harris came in, and things look better, my youngest has been a wreck thinking about what may occur. Perhaps less of a wreck, but still not good. Her mental health has taken a notable downturn, as have a lot of my LGBTQ family and patients. I can only work for and hope that November will be a balm to their collective souls.

25 Likes

Are 8% of trans people in a coma?

12 Likes

One of those polled was Caitlyn Jenner?

12 Likes

Cross-posting this here, as they talk about Trump a good bit once they get into the discussion…

8 Likes

The GOP got the mastermind of the “swift boat” smear campaign to come back and try the same thing with Walz. Here’s hoping the Dems have come up with a better strategy against that shit at some point over the last 20 years.

15 Likes

18 Likes
16 Likes

More brain worms for him!

And lord knows what diseases. He was going to eat that bear without field dressing it, had it in the car for hours and was still going to eat it.

I don’t hunt - but that sounds like his freezer is bacteria heaven.

18 Likes
17 Likes

19 Likes

Joe Rogan endorsed RFK, Jr earlier, saying he was the only choice who made sense, and he’s already pulled a Rittenhouse and walked it back. Coward.

16 Likes