Elections 2023 and 2024

county elections today.
damn right i voted!

18 Likes

Generational labels are manufactured BS, as we all know; and the length of each seems to vary according to different sources. Still, there seems to be a general consensus that Gen X started in 1965, which would make Kamala one of the “Unknown Variables” like myself.

(I turned 49 this year, and it kinda blows my mind she’s only 10 years older.)

11 Likes

I am going to object vociferously. I will be 60 this year, and I AM NOT OLD dammit!
That’s what my head says, anyway. My body does not always agree, but hey, you seek for unanimity here. I am as young as my knee lets me be!

14 Likes

Yup, and I am 11/64, hence “proto-Gen-X” It’s my generation of choice! :grinning:

7 Likes
11 Likes

Somebody else watched Biden’s speech.

They speech he watched might have been different than the one everyone else watched.

17 Likes

13 Likes

Previously on BB:

6 Likes
10 Likes

Trump is trying out a new mean nickname today: “Comrade Kamala.” It’s catchier than any of his previous failed attempts but it has two problems:

1. It implies “Russia = Bad” after several years of convincing the MAGA folks that Putin is the good guy now
  2. It doesn’t really work as an alliterative nickname if you intentionally mangle the pronunciation of “Kamala,” which has kind of been Trump’s thing
14 Likes
8 Likes

Point one doesn’t apply, because it’s saying Soviets = bad. He would never, ever, say “Comrade Putin”.

4 Likes

Putin is literally a former KGB officer on a decades-long quest to rebuild the Soviet Union.

11 Likes

Looks like RFK Jr. found a taker.

The funniest possible outcome would be if Trump dropped Vance in lieu of Bobby Brainworms.

13 Likes

We know that, but the people he’s talking at don’t care, and probably don’t know, and wouldn’t know what that all means if they did.

In their mythology Communism was the Great Satan, which was single-handedly defeated by Saint Reagan, and Putin rose from the ashes to save the Russians from the ruins of the Communist disaster and reinstall order after some guy’s drunken interregnum.

And that’s why Russians are the good guys now, while keeping all those Cold War curse words for when they’re useful.

Also: I submit that he is not trying to rebuild the Soviet Union, he is trying to rebuild the Russian Empire, with himself as Tsar. If the Soviet Union happened to expand the borders of the Empire in the meantime, he’s cool with that.

12 Likes

The speculations are hawt atm

They really deserve each other.

8 Likes

May they drag each other down like two majestic albatrosses with their necks tied together.

16 Likes

albatrosse may have problems on land, but they are the lords of the sky; those two fuckers aint flying and theyre never majestic, only in their own shitheads. scnr.

4 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes