Elections 2023 and 2024

@Mindysan33 your state fucking brought it for the roll call vote tonight!

11 Likes

Oh, I missed it! I’ll have to see if someone has that clip up later! On Nebraska now.

9 Likes

it is just unbelivable how idiotic this guy is. absolutly ridiculous.

Pretty sure anyone caught doing voter fraud is prosecuted.

U.S. Citizens are allowed to vote, but Illegals are NOT! If I win the Election, anybody caught cheating, for any reason, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, and that includes Democrat Operatives and Sleazebags, who CHEAT at levels never seen before. NO MORE “GAMES” FOR YOU!

6 Likes

If you find the clip, make sure it includes the Lil Jon intro.

7 Likes

Watching Michelle Obama now. :star_struck:

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

13 Likes

I’ve been excited to see Barrack tonight, but now I feel a little bad that he has to follow Michelle. :rock: :star:

9 Likes

He just basically said the same! :laughing:

11 Likes

He is a very perceptive dude!

9 Likes

I still think Barrack did well despite the tough act to follow, but I’m going to have to go back and watch George W Bush’s stirring speech at the '24 RNC for a comparison before I make any final judgements.

ETA: Oh wait, GWB didn’t speak at the RNC.
giphy

16 Likes

Barack’s talk is better at 2x speed. That results in about the same words/minute as Michele…

8 Likes

I don’t know about that. For one thing, you’d probably miss the hilarious thing he did with his hands while talking about Tromp’s obsession with crowd sizes. I LOLed!

9 Likes

I think my favorite LoL of the evening was Tammy Duckworth’s Cadet Bone-spurs line. Thank you for your service, Senator.

9 Likes

Mrs. Ficus was watching and sent me this:

So you just know it was getting crunk up in that convention.

11 Likes

I also have to say, regarding the DNC tonight, in light of my current state of intoxication which is slightly above average, that no matter what happens in November, the United States of America deserves a Tim Walz/Doug Emhoff podcast on social equity and dad jokes. I’ve said my piece.

And also Doug Emhoff’s intro/outro music was the right choice.

12 Likes

emoff isn’t the greatest public speaker, but at least he got up there and did his part.

( though, now that i think of it, it was melania who finally dragged ■■■■■ off stage, so maybe she was doing her part in her own way )

7 Likes

I don’t know, I liked his whole bit. He seems like a genuinely decent guy, and has some good dork energy. His support for his spouse and not being a complete weirdo is a stark juxtaposition to Melania.

10 Likes

yeah, i don’t doubt his honesty or good intentions. and he’s probably a fine husband and father. i just didn’t find him to be good at public speaking. ( i only listened, which might have influenced things. )

but it doesn’t really matter. that’s not his job, and he doesn’t really have to be good at it.

( wild for them both that their anniversary is thursday. )

eta: okay, one thing. i can’t believe he still doesn’t cook! like when she’s president, he’d better start showing up with some pancakes or omelettes or something. she’s got a nation to lead; surely he can step up too. ( and he better be waking up early to make the coffee. seriously. )

7 Likes

He doesn’t have the same gravitas as the Obamas, but I found him warm and charming. :person_shrugging: The visuals may have played a big part, to be fair. His family in the audience also just seemed like normal people excited to be there.

I’m just watching the DNC for the vibes, really. But I think they are doing a great job of showcasing that they are the party of normal, competent people wanting to do good work for the country; not the party of lecherous ghouls only supported by people kissing the ring because they are seeking re-election, actively making their living through punditry, or trying to stay out of jail.

I didn’t even see one person dressed up like a comic book villain.
roger-stone-trump-inauguration-1977460526
I didn’t know about the cooking, that is for sure a mark against him. Thankfully, the White House has a chef and kitchen staff!

ETA: I said the party of normal people, but the Dems have really been blessed with some extraordinary people. Several of them have already spoken this week.

13 Likes

I think the theme of this convention, and really of the entire Harris/Walz campaign, is joy. I mean…they made the ceremonial roll call vote fun and watchable! I was smiling the whole time, just waiting to see what music each state picked, and what they would do, and who would get to say a few words (Indiana got Sean Astin!). The whole thing was just joyful.

15 Likes