Elections 2023 and 2024

Also normal…

12 Likes

It’d be a shame if the antivaxer coughed a lot of COVID on his new boss…

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

11 Likes

from

Democratic National Convention Crying GIF by PBS News

21 Likes

But the reason I decided finally to share this anecdote is because of a criminal-justice policy advocated by the presidential candidate he’s just endorsed. It’s another of those many spectacular contradictions I mentioned earlier.

That is, Donald Trump, if he becomes president as Kennedy is now working to make happen, wants to start executing drug dealers. He said so in a speech as president in 2018: “These are terrible people, and we have to get tough on those people, because … if we don’t get tough on the drug dealers, we’re wasting our time … And that toughness includes the death penalty … We’re gonna solve this problem … We’re gonna solve it with toughness … That’s what they most fear."

He said it again in 2022when he announced his current candidacy: “We’re going to be asking [Congress to pass a law that] everyone who sells drugs, gets caught selling drugs, [is] to receive the death penalty for their heinous acts.”

17 Likes
9 Likes

I assume the ‘drugs in question’ will only be birth control, abortion, and gender-related prescriptions, right?

15 Likes

As if the Donvict would care if his VP was topped.

11 Likes

We’ve had a tiny service business for over 30 years, we service regular people all the way up to the ultra rich.

Today I had a long conversation with one of the ultra rich, he owns a huge company and is an influential person. He’s in his 80s and a very nice man.

We were just talking about stuff not related to politics and then it came up. He said he was holding off on some financial stuff until after the election because he’s worried about who’s going to be in office.

Uh oh, here we go.

Nope, he said he voted for trump once and he always voted for republicans but he’s done.

He said trump was nuts and the democrats needed to be in charge and then he explained to me why.

I said he was preaching to the choir.

It was a great conversation and gives me more hope.

26 Likes

I know you said you live in a pretty red area… are you still more or less Trump signs around your community than 2020?

10 Likes

Oh my gosh, it’s awful, and not just signs, it’s more like shrines.

But, once we get of our town we start to see a lot of Harris Walz signs.

But nothing like the trump stuff, just one sign on the lawn that says Harris Walz. No giant flags, no huge democrats kill babies signs, just old fasioned tasteful signs.

I’m the only democrat on my private road, my neighbors know this so I won’t put a sign up.

But when anybody within wifi range looks for networks they will see several HarrisWalz networks because I have an old router broadcasting fun SSIDs.

Which reminds me I gotta add WeWontGoBack.

I also gotta find my notes, I used to have an open wifi network that would redirect to a web page. I want one of the network logins to redirect to the Harris Walz campaign page.

That’s the kind of stuff that amuses me.

27 Likes

You’re doin’ the lords work, though, so keep it up!

Kamala Harris GIF by Storyful

16 Likes

Here’s what you see when searching for wifi in my neighborhood along with everyone else’s networks.

Side note, I can’t believe how many people just leave the default names on their equipment.

I collect routers, I have a couple more I can plug in.

Got any good SSID suggestions to drive them nuts?

23 Likes

How about when we fight, we win? Something about a couch? Joyful Warrior?

13 Likes

If you want a wiki in a file…

eta: Once the move is complete, I swear that I’m finally going to take a Pi and a high-gain wifi and blanket the Ontario Legislative Assembly building with an SSID and the DougWiki.

10 Likes
18 Likes
16 Likes

I set up the other router.

Heads will pop.

26 Likes

From a post on EvilBook:

Reposting from elsewhere…
Have you heard about the Never Walz Group? They bought booth space at the MN state fair to hand out anti-Walz stuff. What they failed to do is buy the domain…so someone else did. :laughing:
Go to Neverwalz dot com (spelled out here because otherwise it will give a preview and ruin the surprise)

19 Likes

Trump is joy? Unity?

16 Likes

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes