Elections 2023 and 2024

This reminds me of the time I wrote up an interview as an article for my college paper. The professor was such a jerk (and misogynistic), so I simply copied his responses verbatim, including all the 'um’s and 'well’s and other verbal tics as well as the poor grammar, unfinished thoughts, etc. Made him look like an idiot!

So, sure, let’s have that verbatim transcript. That’s been one of the complaints around here, that the media cleans up Trump’s speeches so that they sound relatively normal. Let’s show the public how incompetent he actually is.

18 Likes
15 Likes

16 Likes

Bernie Sanders debunks GOP candidate claims that Kamala Harris is a radical:

I hope we see more messaging about “just common sense” vs. the weird proposals and statements coming from TFG and his running mate.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Well, I’m not sure that going back (ironically enough) to the triangulating centrist of Bill Clinton is a great thing either. :thinking:

8 Likes

[ETA]

https://www.jezebel.com/right-wing-media-carries-out-emergency-investigation-into-kamala-harris-mcdonalds-job

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes
13 Likes

Trump: Take a chance on me

ABBA: Fuck off

19 Likes

Well, obviously.

Who wants to eat all those pigs with cancer? /s

8 Likes

Even more cringe-worthy Trump campaign video than usual:

14 Likes

The former president made the bold claim as an answer to a young rally-goer asking what his plan is, “to make life more affordable and bring down inflation for someone like me.”

“It’s probably the question I get most,” Trump responded at first, eventually launching into what on critic denounced as a “word salad.”

It’s the question I get asked the most, so I’ve prepared this completely nonsensical response.

9 Likes

Again, voter registration for young Black women is up an unprecedented 175% this year. No group is a monolith but clearly the vast, vast majority of Black voters know which candidate best represents their interests and it’s not the guy they helped defeat four years ago.

Also: I’m not going to tell anyone else how they should identify but there’s something especially cringeworthy about questioning Kamala Harris’ “Blackness” while presenting someone who looks like they’re auditioning to be a bleach-blonde Fox News anchor as the platonic ideal of an American Black woman.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 8.51.54 AM

13 Likes

IMG_5904

Renewable pig energy’s time has come.

12 Likes

I hope all the “JFK/JFK Jr is alive and will soon be supporting Trump” conspiracy theorists are happy with this manifestation of their desires.

7 Likes

As much as I dislike the Lincoln Project out of principle, it’s hard to discount how powerful some of their messaging is. That one ad — holy shit.

I bet he’d help me move if I asked nicely and offered to take him to Shake Shack afterwards.

Wouldn’t that make them DEI hires? :thinking:

15 Likes

I wonder if they had to be coached on ways to mispronounce “Kamala.”

It’s not difficult to pronounce correctly!

18 Likes

13 Likes

18 Likes

Nice, concise summary of the interview. Seems like she did a damned good job. Anybody who saw it have an opinion?

Il Douche, the Flatulent Fuehrer, on the other hand,

As I say frequently, he has no values, no positions, no ethics, other than “pay me.” He will say what he thinks will get him paid. And absolutely ignore that moments later.

14 Likes