Elections 2023 and 2024

I noticed that too. Let’s make sure we stick it to the libs by having Black women pronounce her (Asian heritage) name 10 different ways.

11 Likes

She’s so foreign and alien. No one can even pronounce her name!

:rage:

12 Likes

There was a time not all that long ago when abortion rights issues largely united the Republicans and divided the Democrats. Those days sure seem to be long gone:

12 Likes

“For 50 years everybody wanted to get rid of Roe v. Wade and give it back to the states…” is the kind of Trump quote that seems like an obvious lie until you realize he’s so clueless, so incurious, so narcissistic, so isolated from reality and so easily manipulated by others that he may actually believe it. Just wow.

7 Likes

What with the obsession with the corn-hair style? What happened to the rugged, self-reliance these people are always happing about? /S

I think I know a cult member when I see one.

2 Likes

Youngster!

There was a time when abortion issues didn’t divide the parties, because a majority (slightly higher in the Democratic party) of both parties were pro-choice or at least not rabidly anti-choice.

12 Likes

To lighten the mood amidst all this heavy nonsense, here’s a parody take on Vance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/08/30/vance-romance-fertility-doughnut/

8 Likes

Going back just possibly a bit further:

So there’s certainly been a major realignment of the parties on this (and many other issues) but it’s an interesting data point that in 1976 the Hyde amendment (blocking federal funding of any abortions) passed the House with 276 Democratic votes and just 65 Republican votes. But I guess some can make the argument that supporting the Hyde amendment isn’t “rabidly anti-choice.” I won’t make that argument, but some people probably saw it as a compromise position at the time.

4 Likes

Not even gonna bother clicking that; there are always those who can be bought, and those whom Harriet Tubman would have left behind.

Onward with the good fight.

15 Likes

Every time the GOP trots out its “we got your minorities right here” it reminds me of this scene:

10 Likes

The editing, though…

:laughing:

9 Likes

Yeah couple images though I probably shouldn’t let fly though on second viewing :confused: So hard to find usable things on the internet these days.

7 Likes

Too true.

5 Likes

19 Likes

I mean, that’s not exactly a representative sample of 60-year-old men…

15 Likes

Also, one is a dude who was a member of the National Guard, a teacher and then politician, and the other two are incredibly wealthy performers whose jobs demand a much more graceful aging (so like have a team of people to help them look their best in public)…

23 Likes

Not to mention the life-extending benefits of expelling one’s Body Thetans to achieve a higher level of cosmic awareness (though Pitt had the good sense to leave Scientology behind years ago).

18 Likes

Are we sure that photo of Pitt is current?

As for Cruise, it could be anyone wearing that face…

11 Likes

Honestly it’s mainly the hair. Skin texture is pretty similar between them actually. Walz just didn’t spring for the hair growth surgery which tracks with him being a normal person living on a normal income with a family to support.

Oooh… shame… burn.

A man and his loving family opt not to spend thousands on cosmetic surgery… can you imagine?

24 Likes

Not to mention that raising your kids (instead of paying others to do it) is indeed stressful. :person_shrugging:

17 Likes