Elections 2023 and 2024

And Walz doesn’t have a personal nutritionist and trainer on staff or 4 hours a day to spend in the gym.

18 Likes

FWIW Pitt has been rumored (albeit without much evidence) to wear a wig.

Give Walz some corrective contact lenses, a toupee and a makeup assistant and he could probably pass for a guy in his 40s.

9 Likes

Are you forgetting that Benjamin Button won the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling? It took a lot of work to get an old wrinkly guy to pass for a dude in his 50s.

10 Likes

I’m not sure I see a wig in that photo. He’s had a pretty good hair/hairline even clipped short. But could he now be wearing extensions to make his hair seem fuller?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

8 Likes

be the next James Bond?

5 Likes

I’ll settle for next VP.

17 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes

Something interesting may be happening politically in Florida now:

16 Likes

Conservatives for conservation?

7 Likes

[ETA]

:woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

PA Turnpike

28 Likes

In my wackadoodle township, half the board was primaried off the ballot because most of the township was fed up with the good ole boys club

Lots of favors, zoning appeals approved, variances given, and questionable land purchases by the board.

Great, the system working.

Except we live in today’s world so there are signs all over the township to write in the people that were booted off the ballot.

And off course the tag line is Save The Township.

Bite me.

But, we were on a job this morning in the middle of our very red township and we saw this right across the street.

No one was home but as soon as I see someone outside we’re going to let them know they’re not alone.

27 Likes

There is in fact an entire organization in the U.S. that covers something of what you are asking:

Certainly in Texas I have met ranchers who were simultaneously lifelong Republicans and quite conservative, and who were conservation voters. Please do not ask me to explain or reconcile the differences. I cannot.

15 Likes

Reverse NIMBY.

11 Likes

If you remember that ‘conservative’ used to mean ‘conservative’ before it became ‘reactionary’ and then ‘fascist’, it’s a lot easier to see the connection.

15 Likes

tl;dw =

• mocking of autocrats and dictators really freaks 'em out
  • no more Democratic Party’s “when they go low, we take the high road” adherence to diplomatic language and restraint
  • “Weird is a way to reclaim the silent majority.”
  • deep cut: Star Trek (original series) reference to “Day of the Dove” episode
  • George Conway making sense for a few minutes
15 Likes

I imagine it’s like with pro athletes, except for everything, not just physical fitness.

I watched a documentary about Grant Hill (pro basketball player) near the end of his career. From early morning until hours after the game, there were about a dozen people who were stretching, massaging, feeding, driving, counseling, icing, and working out with one player. It was a whole ecosystem surrounding one athlete like a giant redwood tree.

14 Likes

Once again he has his finger on the pulse of society and knows what we want.

Apparently we want to get to the bottom of the Kennedy assassination.

And, he tolerates dissent and disagreement?

14 Likes