Elections 2023 and 2024

Most 60 year old cases have zero witnesses left alive.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Desperately trying to pin blame elsewhere for a misadventure that was very demonstrably his own, he (deSantis) continued: “This is something that was leaked. It was not approved by me, I never saw that. It was intentionally leaked to a leftwing group to try and create a narrative.”

oh, fuck!off!, ron, you fucking lying piece of shit!

10 Likes

Blame-shifting and gaslighting are such overused MAGA tactics.

It’s tiresome.
It’s morally bankrupt.
It’s ruining air, water, soil, people’s lives, and more.

Thank goodness we (the public) still get the news reporting and whistle-blowing parts of the equation.

15 Likes

But then, Bobby cancelled the press conference, saying he heard the story had been told previously. Well, yes it had. You told it. Bobby, I was on the radio with you for an hour discussing the blow-out and its cover-up. Bobby had a national radio/TV show, Ring of Fire. He reviewed my book about the story. And strangest of all, Bobby was on my Democracy Now! Report about the blow-out. That Bobby had forgotten all these things was frightening—as if Leonardo DiCaprio had forgotten he was in a film about the Titanic.

15 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes

More positive signs in PA:

16 Likes
11 Likes

Maybe i am missing something, but that seems like more “both sides are the same, there is no difference” bullshit.

We have a critical election in which we will choose whether to elect a fully fascist administration to drive us into the downtown district of hell on the expressway, or we can elect a regime to buoy us up with slogans while chauffeuring us pleasantly to the exact same hell.

I’m not buying what they are selling.

23 Likes

It’s largely about late-stage capitalism and the looming disaster of climate change. Based on campaign statements so far, the Democratic ticket is better, but not really pro-environment. And of course it’s still very much pro-capitalism.

12 Likes

He can always open the aliens, UFO and Area 51 files…

X Files GIF by The X-Files

8 Likes

This is a battle we can fight after November. These people need to get their priorities straight and figure out what side they’re on, instead of at every opportunity undercutting our only hope to avoid fascism.

17 Likes

Agreed. It’s written like COVID, BLM, and environmental justice efforts never happened.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

15 Likes

It took days for the 2020 election to be called because of slow Pa. mail ballot counting. It could happen again.

“They should be ashamed of themselves,” Forrest Lehman, director of elections in Lycoming County, said of Pa. lawmakers who have failed to address the issue.

12 Likes

One hell of an endorsement

The youngest son of the late Sen. John McCain had already been moving away from the Republican Party — just weeks ago, he changed his voter registration to Democrat and plans to vote for Kamala Harris in November, he told CNN in an exclusive interview this week.

But he is speaking out now for the first time about Trump because of the former president’s conduct at the hallowed ground where several generations of McCain’s family, including his grandfather and great grandfather, are buried.

“It just blows me away,” McCain, who has served in the military for 17 years, told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” of whether to be a backdrop for a political campaign, he said.

“I just think that for anyone who’s done a lot of time in their uniform, they just understand that inherently — that it’s not about you there. It’s about these people who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the name of their country.”

18 Likes

:thinking: Since legislation is not in the cards, maybe we need a series of PSAs to counter the fraud misinformation. They could make it clearer to voters how the process works, how much effort goes into counting ballots, and why it takes days. Providing details makes it difficult for the GOP to push the idea that a winner can be declared at the end of one day.

Also, more strategy from Robert Reich:

One of his points about undecided voters led me to this from The Daily Show:

I’m looking forward to the Harris version (probably coming soon after the debate).

13 Likes
13 Likes

“The youngest son of the late Sen. John McCain had already been moving away from the Republican Party — just weeks ago, he changed his voter registration to Democrat and plans to vote for Kamala Harris in November, he told CNN in an exclusive interview this week.“

What will Meghan say?

13 Likes

Eh, despite their endorsement I think people should probably vote for Harris anyway.

15 Likes