Elections 2023 and 2024

An interesting point of view there:

Solomon Jones
Contributing Columnist
Donald Trump maintained his composure throughout most of the debate, even as Kamala Harris repeatedly attacked his ego by saying others saw him as a joke. He used a Harris line against her, telling her that he was speaking and asking her to be quiet. But he repeated the line that immigrants are taking African American jobs, and ventured into the ridiculous when he repeated the lie that Haitian immigrants are eating Americans’ dogs. I don’t think those were the kinds of lines that will appeal to undecided voters. (6/10)

This accounted for Trump’s higher than expected 1.8 score, contributing 6 of the 18 points! Otherwise the average is 1.3. What debate did he watch?

18 Likes

I’m willing to accept that one talking head had a typo.

8 Likes

Donald Trump maintained his composure? throughout most of the debate, even as Kamala Harris repeatedly attacked his ego by saying others saw him as a joke

Seems like a fairly elaborate typo there I guess :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Yeah, I think autocorrect replaced “pathetic combativeness” with “composure”

13 Likes

Normalization in action. Anything short of a toddler temper tantrum meltdown was “maintaining composure.” That bar was so low he could jump it from within a blood emerald mine.

16 Likes

22 Likes

I also found his score pretty odd. He gave Kamala a 9/10 and wrote:

She was strongest on reproductive health, and when she wasn’t talking, Harris communicated nonverbally, with looks of amusement, bemusement, and even sympathy as Trump delivered lines that ranged from bombastic to ridiculous. She seemed to have a clear plan, and from what I could see, she executed it. (9/10)

I wonder why he thought Trump’s performance was a 6/10 when he thought that Harris clearly dominated the debate? Maybe it was a pity score?

15 Likes
9 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb without listening and say…gerrymandering?

13 Likes

Mostly it’s about apocalyptic religious belief and it’s effects on politics.

7 Likes

I can believe that is a powerful motivator for a small(ish) subset of the population of Texas, but small(ish) subsets of a population don’t manage to overtake democratic elections without putting their thumbs on the scales.

15 Likes

21 Likes
7 Likes

Totally Real Exhibit A: Illegal Alien getting ready to eat a cat.

ETA: @BakaNeko

Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

19 Likes

Soda. A perfect drink to pair with my cat sandwich.

17 Likes

Good things happen in Philadelphia.

15 Likes
20 Likes

It’s always sunny there, after all.

12 Likes

It’s quite nice today.

12 Likes
11 Likes